ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 U of Michigan RUNNING BACKS in your lifetime?

MICHIGAN4

Michigan Man
Aug 8, 2006
I would say to rank them "all-time" - but it's kind of difficult to rank guys that played before your time.

This is for guys who played at Michigan (NFL production, if any, is not relevant).

1. Tyrone Wheatley. True thoroughbred at UM, and I think he could've made a serious run at the Heisman if not for some injuries. Guy was as fast as he was big. He could truck you or make you miss and run away from you. I don't really remember how he was catching the ball, but he could return kickoffs... and ran a few back for 6, I believe.

2. Mike Hart. Total badass. Good blocker... not sure about his receiving skills... but his ball protection and ability to keep his feet moving, falling forward, are legendary. Loved his attitude - and coined the "little brother" tag for Sparty that was really all-too-perfect. His 0-fer against OSU sucks, but that's a team failure moreso than something I would attribute specifically to Hart.

3. Jon Vaughn. Wouldn't put him on this list, because he didn't play for very long (2 years, I think)... but he was pretty awesome. I believe he set some records during his time at UM, and I just recall him routinely going for over 200 yards. Wish he would've stayed longer, as I am sure he would be appreciated more by the fanbase.

4. Ricky Powers. I just really liked Powers. It's been a long time and I don't really have much to say about him, but I remember being a big fan when he played.

5. Touchdown Tshimanga. Per Balas (I think), he's not a fan of the nickname "Tim". Completely dominated the Bucks, famously, with a 300+ yard game (lol). That alone gets him on this list.

Just missed: Chris Perry, B.J. Askew, Jarrod Bunch, Brandon Minor

Special Mention: Jamie Morris obviously gets a spot in my top 5... but for some reason totally forgot about him and don't really know where I'd put him. Probably at 3 and slide everyone else down.

Who is your top 5?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News