ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 Positive Takeaways from ND

LaneGoBlue13

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
1) Karan Higdon looks like an all-conference level running back. He’s explosive, makes great cuts and is very tough to bring down on first contact. I just love watching him tote the rock.

2) Nico Collins looked ready for the big stage. I had concerns about his speed, but he showed some burner speed on the deep bomb. He also looked like he knew how to use his big body for positioning on the short patterns and used his hands to catch the ball.

3) Devin Bush is an animal and was flying all over the place before he got banged up. He’s one of the best linebackers we’ve had in the last decade.

4) Brad Hawkins looks like a future stud at safety. Like Bush, he was flying all over the place and looks extremely athletic. Even on the deep TD he gave up on his first series in the game, he was in perfect position to make the interception or bat the ball down - that’s a lot more than I can say for his predecessor at the position last night.

5) We have legit return men that are going to scare the crap out of other teams. Gone are the days of Kekoa Crawford and 4.7 40 return men. Big returns can change games, and I think we get a lot more this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News