ADVERTISEMENT

This is actually an easy question to answer...

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
Who was more important to UM bball in the 2009 recruiting class...Darius Morris or Jordan Morgan?

Factor in the impact of Morris on a program starving for leadership.
Factor in the time spent at UM.
Factor in what one player had at his disposal in teammates.
Go back in time and in the context of the UM roster.

Morris was more important at that time but Morgan actually achieved more in terms of results. Morris was replaced by a new and improved PG quickly whereas with the McGary 'issues'...Morgan was needed to replace the McGary gap.

In other words, at that time, Morris was what UM needed even though Morgan arguably made more of an impact of the success of UM bball (although slightly).

Thoughts?

Reality Man

P.S. This goes to another question. Which player was the most important player ever recruited by JB for the program?

Was it...(not in order)...Give me your thoughts? I don't know the answer on this one. :)

1. Morris
2. Burke
3. Novak
4. Stauskas
5. GR3
6. LeVert

If I had to pick one guy who was most responsible for the turnaround in UM bball (its close close close)...I am going to go with Novak. Culture. Exceeded expectations by a mile. Burke a very very close 2nd. Morris a very very close 3rd because he was doing the heavy lifting.

Question 1 - Morgan - look at the totality of his career. He's endured through a lot and really represented what this university is about.

Question 2 - Novak - agree with you, he was the guy that really got other recruits excited about coming to Michigan. Burke a close 2nd as you would say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT