ADVERTISEMENT

The US-NTDP may be on the move...

Puckhead

All-American
Jun 4, 2001
I will include the link, but it sounds like USA hockey has an agreement in place to buy Compuware Arena with the intention of moving the national development teams (U-17 and U-18) from the Ice Cube to the Compuware Arena. Not sure what that means for members of the US teams. Do they stay in the A2 schools and commute on a daily basis to that Arena? Will they find host families in the rural areas around the Arena? They aren't giving many details as there are still lots of things to work out before any purchase would take place, but things just keep changing.

National Development Team Relocate?

Much more hospitable arena for viewing, from my perspective. And, selfishly, much closer to home for me.

"Rural areas around the arena?"......

Not sure what rural areas you're referring to around Compuware Arena.....having lived in Plymouth, Northville and Livonia - all of which border that location, I'm not sure any of them qualify as rural.

Re: "Rural areas around the arena?"......

The Whalers very successfully billeted players in Plymouth and used Plymouth Christian HS and PCEP, at different times, for educational purposes.
Rural, it's not.

Exactly Bob......

I'd expect the same type of arrangement with the National Team if it comes to fruition.

Originally posted by Puckhead:
I will include the link, but it sounds like USA hockey has an agreement in place to buy Compuware Arena with the intention of moving the national development teams (U-17 and U-18) from the Ice Cube to the Compuware Arena. Not sure what that means for members of the US teams. Do they stay in the A2 schools and commute on a daily basis to that Arena? Will they find host families in the rural areas around the Arena? They aren't giving many details as there are still lots of things to work out before any purchase would take place, but things just keep changing.

Link: National Development Team Relocate?[/URL]

We just got running water and electricity here in Northville..... Now a hockey team too!!!!

Posted from Rivals Mobile

I think Puckhead works in downtown Detroit

Anything outside the city limits he considers "rural."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT