ADVERTISEMENT

the "other" side of the Mattison-Neb shootout

ArrowheadBlue

Heisman
May 29, 2001
Reached by phone Wednesday, Neal's high school coach Jay Ball (Omaha Central) said he spoke with Mattison on Tuesday, and has a great deal of respect for Michigan's defensive line coach.

"First of all, DaiShon Neal is a great kid and coach Mattison is a guy that I have a lot of respect for, he's been in the coaching business for 40 years and deserves every amount of respect that he gets," Ball said. "It sounds to me like there's two sides to the story, and maybe things were misinterpreted.

"And that's about all I'm really going to say."

There's always two sides to a story. It's hard to believe that a coach who has been in the business for 40 years would intentionally insult a kid. Definitely was misinterpreted.

why are we debating this still? spartannation already told us what happened there is no story here boys-adios

Originally posted by Bluebyeu:

why are we debating this still? spartannation already told us what happened there is no story here boys-adios
I'm sorry I don't know what I was thinking. Especially to go against grand master SpartansNation. Lol.

everybody only responds to spartensnation for fun right? because i know for a fact this is a 14 or 15 yearold punk. he does this on all message boards under various names to get attention.

Originally posted by pistol55:
everybody only responds to spartensnation for fun right? because i know for a fact this is a 14 or 15 yearold punk. he does this on all message boards under various names to get attention.
Lol, do you really honestly know him? I'm not laughing at you, Im just glad to see someone confirming my suspicions . I kind of figured he had a few different names that he used on here.

This post was edited on 1/29 5:18 PM by GoBlue_since1985

he is like all the other punks on these message boards, its no fun unless they brag about it to other people. yes i do know who he is and its the reason why all this sites have became so combative and full of know it alls.

giving an educated opinion on subjects and keeping up on news is how this all started. now its a battleground for the misinformed and those wanting to pretend they know something. its not hard to tell the difference.

Originally posted by GoBlue_since1985:

Originally posted by pistol55:
Lol, do you really honestly know him? I'm not laughing at you, Im just glad to see someone confirming my suspensions. I kind of figured he had a few different names that he used on here.
I think he gets in fights with himself because he forgets what user names are all his.

I don't believe this kis was ever really considering UM at all. He was tweeting about UN the day before the visit.

Like I said, Sally Jesse Raphael episode all the way.C'est la vie.

Mattison was stating the obvious and unfortunately the father was over sensitive or ignorant of admissions. A ND recruit who had good grades and a decent act score openly stated "this gives me the opportunity to go to a school I would never have gotten into." This holds true for the majority of ND + UM football players, this is not a secret. It also holds true for a several dozen other schools.

I'm a nebraska fan and I think Mattison is a great coach . If what he said came out wrong or was taken the wrong way 99 percent know he didn't mean it that way. The other one percent are just are trying to stir the pot.

Originally posted by littlebos:
I'm a nebraska fan and I think Mattison is a great coach . If what he said came out wrong or was taken the wrong way 99 percent know he didn't mean it that way. The other one percent are just are trying to stir the pot.

Yep. This is the most likely scenario.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

a couple things about Nebraska academics
have you ever heard of a husker being ineligible ?
they ' make sure ' of that not happening.

a player was quoted a couple years ago in the paper stating that it is impossible to fail anything there. needless to say he was quieted down and that comment was swept under the rug.

they also boast about all of their academic all americans but fail to also mention that they still rank last in the big ten in academics even after the latest additions of Rutgers and Maryland . In fact if I recall they are still the only university to ever get kicked out of that academic entity ,can't recall what it's called, but every big ten institution is in it but them .

they love their huskers and they totally hate everyone else . You would not get hardly an answer if you asked the husker fans who their second favorite team is.. answer is no one

Any facts there hawk or just spouting off? I have most certainly heard of players not being eligible to play but most of the time it is not publicized as such. Leroy Alexander, starting safety, for example missed the entire 2014 season and there was no injury at all. Why in the world would a university openly report that someone is sucking in class and embarrass the kid?? Is NU lower on the academic totem poll than Michigan? Sure, but let's not let YOUR hate for NU take over.

alexander was substance I do believe, not 100% sure . our program had one of those as well awhile back.. and kept it quiet but it leaked out as they usually do. And yes schools do indeed state that players are academically ineligible as is the case quite often come bowl season.

got to admit , not saying other places don't do it , but you have to admit, Nu players get some pretty special treatment .
I do know for a fact that my wife was told she couldn't sign up for a certain class in Lincoln because it was ' for football players only '.

and it for sure is well known about the standings of institutions-- just look them up

The group being referred to is the Association of American Universities-- The Bugeaters I believe are the only B1G school not to be admitted. The N on the head gear doesn't stand for knowledge Go to the Husker board a very enlightening article by a respected writer outlines the whole cat fight .Apparently the father has his own agenda .Even the Bug fans are starting to have doubts about the Facts. I think Bug U has gotten a couple of drama queens and the old mans face book indicated an agenda.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT