ADVERTISEMENT

The best solution to Tigers threads?

Billy Chapel's wife said it best: "is this not America?"

A place where you can't discuss baseball is fascist and communist.

First of all, no, that is not even close to being accurate...

There are 10x the tigers posts for any 1 of somebody getting fed up with it. And the fact that there is major backlash to a topic should be a clue...and not a clue that the people who have a problem with the topic must be the ones who need to be silenced.

I hate the tigers and don't read he threads. But it was opening day yesterday and it's like that here every year. If it is bad and disturbing Michigan conversations or info, that's one thing. But otherwise, let it be. If something really important happens (like Burke making a final decision) it will be pinned anyway.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

It is a cue - a cue that some people need to relax and figure out how to

navigate a message board.

It is just asinine that so many people want to complain about such a small issue.

Don't like it - don't read it. It is not difficult. People complaining about it are whining for the sake of whining. If you really feel strongly about it, I don't know what to tell you, other than it is not a subject that warrants strong feelings. Just scroll past, it isn't hard.

Or not.

It cuts both ways, but to say this place ever ceases to be a Michigan board way overstates reality. If anyone ever wants to talk Michigan - this place is always willing and able.

Make a Tigers Board or MLB baseball board.

You should def implement the 'Game Thread' as you have attempted to do for basketball and football.

"scroll past the Tigers threads" does not work...

When you are on the mobile site, as there are a limited number of threads that show up on the mobile site.

my 2 cents...

you have to go back 6 full pages to see anything pertaining to the tigers game... the other 5 pages are full of "I hate OT posts, OT posts or I hate tiger posts"
I think there may of been 3 actual posts about Michigan recruiting

Why don't you ignore their "whining" instead of letting it affect you?

It's a small issue. This is like a sports bar where people who like to whine about tigers posts come to share their commonalities about how they can't stand being barraged with inane tigers commentary. Just ignore it.
This post was edited on 4/6 11:32 AM by TDFever

Ban all MLB threads outright. That will instantly class up the board.*

smilie1.gif

Re: It is a cue - a cue that some people need to relax and figure out how to

The real solution is for those of us who don't like it to go to the places on the internet that are stricter about off-topic stuff.

So, again, the solution is "give me my way or leave if you don't like it"?*

d

Yep, the mods at one time were combining posts on similar topics ...

Yet all these treads on other sports teams remain individual.

Allow one thread per game, and erase the rest.

And ban people that complain about Leyland for being repetitive jags.

dude, you are crying bout this way too much

I know it's difficult to scroll that mouse down a little bit

Oh look, it's the annual people bitching about Tigers threads discussion.

Use TigerDroppings.com as a great example....

To me, this is one of the best college team sites out there. They provide nice links to their Saints/Hornets forums and they are well used. I'm a Tiger/Lions/Pistons/Red Wings fan but this is a Michigan Wolverines forum and should remain so. If board members are truly passionate about other non-UM sports then they'll make these other boards work for them. I think if you provide the type of web experience that Tigerdroppings does then you may be surprised at the number of people willing to venture to other areas of the site.

and the NBA, NFL, WNBA, NHL, MLS, OT and where does it stop?

nm

People whine too much one way or another

Slap an OT on it and let 'er fly. That being said, if so many people get huffy about in game posts during Michigan games, equal treatment should be given to Tigers, Wings, Pistons etc posts.

Honestly, if you can't wade through a page of threads to find on point Michigan posts, you're probably too inept to be trolling the internet anyway.

"My name is my name!"

"Wait a minute, no beer?"

Because the few of those doing all the whinning refuse to give up...

and have become so annoying for the rest of us that he's trying to get it to stop...

Boxer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT