ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Brunch from Mom's Basement: The "Trap Game" edition

Socal4mich

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2006
Westlake Village
I have never been so hangry for a brunch in mom’s basement in my life. The walk to the basement was challenging today. Their freshly printed B1G championship banners they had hung from the trees in front of the basement were still smoldering and I had to duck under them to make it into the door. The floor of the basement was strewn with the usual piles of empty Keystone Ice cans. And my thoughts moved to the Pop Tart variety pack buffet and of course gratitude. After the incomprehensible reality of last week, Sparty goes full Spartahhh and cracks the door for Michigan to win the B1G championship wide open.

I tried to tell CMFT that games like Indiana and Purdue were trap games. I went so far as to look at this .GIF on my PC and smile when thinking about Purdue's passing attack and MSU on the road after an emotional, and fvcking lucky *** win"

Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

As you can imagine, losing last week was a gut punch. And at 56 years old I am simply not yet mature enough to handle that well. Which means for the past 2 years, my Harbaugh voodoo doll has taken a beating. Leave it to CMFT to pull my head out of my *** by laying a perfect trap game egg and gave Michigan the ray of hope this program needs. We may not be pretty, flashy or even fun to watch at times. But boring is what we do well and the season is laid out before us.

The basement mob never disappoints at eating their own. All I can say is that the brass ring was in their hands. Until it wasn’t.
giphy.webp

The Mercenaries didn’t deliver against a motivated Purdue team, who shamelessly didn’t GAF about rushing the ball. And lit that crap Sparty (ranked 127 in passing yardage) secondary up. Just like we did, until we stopped. (editors note: why did we stop slinging the rock again?).

In two weeks CMFT and the brave 300 travel to the Shoe and then to the landfill to play the fighting Franklins. Both games should be and one will be a loss.

What they are saying…

“There is a big talent deficit at linebacker and cb” (editors note: over half of them are transfers)

“2 weeks in a row and the opposing team not called for any holding calls!”

“We’ve been especially lucky too”

"Mel needed to hit the portal harder. We need more talent"

What Comp is saying?

"Looking for evidence of an elite brand? Did you see Purdue's fans storm the field after they beat Michigan State? There's your answer"
- (Editors note. In 52 years of fandom, I never had to look for an elite brand. In fact, ever thought to look for something that just was. Poor little brother)

"But I didn’t expect 536 yards from Purdue. That’s obscene."

Lastly, at the end of the day, Win @beaver against a tough but beatable Penn State Team, Beat @Maryland and then it all comes down to a game against the Bucks. All tie breakers should be in Michigan's favor , all thanks to Purdue.

bUIcs1q1GwRrNZjGBU6Hli5TnRBolCu8ELm9Hl3INkU.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News