ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Brunch from Mom's Basement: The "Completing the Circle" edition

Socal4mich

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2006
Westlake Village
It was tough getting to the basement this morning. The debris field was still radioactive and fires were still burning everywhere. This was even worse than when Luke Fickell came to his senses, humiliating Sparty at the altar live on social media. When I pried open the door, the floor was littered with piles of Keystone Ice cans and broken glass from empty Fireball bottles. The mood was angry, full of disbelief and Comp was sitting in the corner incoherently mumbling something about this staff being different from JLS and Bobby Williams. Saturday's debacle was as predictable as it was inevitable and years in the making.
giphy.gif

Who could have possibly seen this coming? It came out of nowhere... NOT. Mike Dantni was truthful when he talked about completing the circle, “It means when you start something, you want to finish it,” Dantni said. “That's what it's meant to me and my family". Dantni inherited a dumpster fire from John L Smith in 2006 (1-7 in the B1G) and spent the better part of the last 4 years leading his program back into the sewer. How beautiful it was to watch him have the woodshed all to himself (and the midget) to witness the culmination of his work in action. It's not often you can finish what you start. Congrats coach!! Pride does come before the fall.
ElGvaPfW0AMVDDQ

Make no mistake, this loss is at his feet on every possible level. His 3+ years of lame duck snarling, crap recruiting, empty quarterback room, hiring Curtis Blackwell, bringing rapists onto his roster, getting his cash and running out of town 1 week before NSD, leaving a rookie AD to make an awful hire came to home to roost in East Landfill Saturday. Add in a pandemic, an arrogant new coach and staff who have no business recruiting or coaching in the B1G and you get your ass dominated by Rutgers at home. Thank you Mike. This mess isn't fixable anytime soon and I for one salute you. You got paid and showed your class by laying this turd on someone else's lap. That sir, is genius.
giphy.gif

What did we see Saturday? A tapestry of a team without practice, discipline (editors note: Sparty is still Sparty), a new scheme, awful roster, no quarterback whose staff had them in 3 weeks of S&C instead of practicing. (editors note: If that wasn't a red flag, I don't know what was). I remember when we had the expensive splash hire, from a coach without ties to the program, with the new coach smell. What could possibly go wrong?

The bad news: The fighting Tuckers D is the slowest I have seen in a long time. The worse news: they ran a 4-2-5 and were still slow to the ball. Catastrophic news: Rutgers is the slowest offense on their schedule.

The bad news: The OL opened holes for 1.6 YPC. The worse news: This was the most experienced room on the team. Catastrophic news: Rutgers started a 265 lb DT. ;)

The bad news: Elijah Collins didn't start at RB. The worse news: Its because he got fat and wasn't in shape. The catastrophic news: He is the the most talented player on their roster. :eek:

The bad news: Rocky Lombardi threw for 3 picks. The worse news: he is most talented QB on their roster. Catastrophic news: CMFT said Rolfy had done enough to keep starting.

The bad news: They were horribly coached. The worse news: Their DC is from the Big 12 and their OC ruined Colorado’s all American QB last year. The catastrophic news: CMFT has a 29M left on his 5-year deal

The bad news: Rutgers was the worst team on their schedule. The worse news: it was a home game. Catastrophic news: We only get to enjoy 8 more games of this sh1t show :D

The bad news: Sparty current recruiting class is bad. The worse news: their best two signee’s had Rutgers in the final 2. Catastrophic news: CMFT no longer can even sell hope. (editors note: Rayshaun Benny, were you watching)?

The bad news: Rutgers was more talented than Spartahhh. The worse news: Rutgers is awful. Catastrophic news: These men of Spartahhh are way more talented than next year’s will be.

I saw a team fail in every phase of the game. Zach Charbonet had more yards on his first carry(70) than Spartahhh did for the game(60). Rolfy Lombardi could have had 5 picks if Rutgers DB's could catch. The turned the ball over on downs twice on very short yardage. To Rutgers.

What the basement mob are saying:

• “And we let up 38 points to Rutgers. Tempo isn’t always good especially when you lack talent.”
  • "I came in thinking the OL could finally live up to some level of hype. That’s over now, they are awful and need a total overhaul."
  • "We need to be in the transfer portal and JC transfers right now."
  • "We were promised improved line play, that is my biggest disappointment in this game. We simply could not run the ball against a D line built largely with benchwarmers transfers.

Responses:
  • "He did win 5 games at Colorado. And that team only won 5 games the year before."
  • "He’s a snazzy dresser, That vest was pimp. No doubt."
  • "He seemed aloof on the sideline with clapping and his decision making..."
  • "Tucker is very inexperienced as a HC. Today was a shit show. So far recruiting isn't going well."
  • "HUGE contract to get spanked at home to Rutgers. This season is gonna be uggllly"
  • "It’s Bobby Williams/JLS all over again"
  • "Why do you say he recruited well? Not here so far. Not a Colorado. Where? NFL?
  • "We would have been much better off with an interim coach for one year. But MD screwed the program with his decision to retire in Feb so here we are."
On the upcoming game with Michigan:

• "Hutchinson is going to live in our backfield. Rocky doesn’t throw a good deep ball so they won’t have to worry about that unfortunately. We may lose by 50."
  • "If Michigan is able to put 50+ on Minny on the road I can’t only imagine what they’ll do to us if we can’t move the ball."
  • "UM's DL is going to eat up our pathetic OL."
  • "I have been accused of being a sunshine blower multiple times. We have no shot next week. No shot. I watched UM for 3 quarters. They had their struggles. That said the difference in preparation is night and day."
  • "They have an actual ****ing coaching staff whose heads are not shoved up their asses. can you imagine that?
My thoughts on what we will see next week. An absolute ass kicking. There wasn't a single player on their 22 that would start for us. And if we were being thorough, I am positive they wouldn't make our 44. 66? 44-10 was last year's ass kicking. If we don't hang a nickel on that POS team, I will be disappointed. Spartahh's only chance to avoid humiliation is to have a COVID party and have the entire team opt out for the rest of the season.

Thank you Coach Dantni. Your legacy awaits and we all get to enjoy the fruits of your labor for the years to come!!

The circle is complete.

6 days till Spartageddon.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News