ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Spring Intel: Final notes

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
With the team set to take the field next week for the spring game, this week will be the final intel piece we do this spring as you all can watch the team perform and see for yourself next week. My job here is done 😂

Michigan will be doing a spring game draft again and will be running the event like a full game like the last handful of years.

Here are some final quick notes.

- After doing some asking around, it's becoming clear that Josh Prebe is the team's best offensive lineman right now. Not a slight on anyone else as Greg Crippen is right there. Prebe has had a really solid camp.
- Zeke Berry is still rotating between nickel and safety and will continue to do so moving forward. However, as of late, he has been playing a lot of free safety.
- The DB pairings so far are as follows: Makari Paige and Berry at safety, Will Johnson and Ja'Den McBurrows is getting run, DJ Waller also getting plenty of time.
- A reminder that Quinten Johnson is not participating in spring ball yet as he's not officially enrolled in classes yet. He will be with the team full-time once that happens. His absence has allowed guys like Berry to get plenty of reps.
- Defense continues to get praise but must be taken with a grain of salt as most of the practices the players aren't tackling to the ground to avoid unnecessary injuries.
- Derrick Moore continues to receive praise for the work he's done this spring, have been told he had a very strong few weeks.
- Coaches have made it a point to drive the point home of leadership. They want to see leaders emerge after losing so many from last year. I didn't take this as a negative, as many players have taken on larger roles like Will Johnson, Rod Moore and Donovan Edwards to name a few. I took it as having more vocal leaders, the better, so they want a few more people to use their voice.

- As for health, Rod Moore is the only player I am aware of who has anything serious.

Of course, if anything pops up between now and the spring game I will let you all know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News