ADVERTISEMENT

Some quick observations...

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
From what I could tell...wasn't listening to the game...watching at a food establishment...EMU was zoning the entire game?

Wow.

Second observation was Irvin is struggling but more importantly going forward teams look like they are going to collapse on LeVERT and Irvin and make other guys beat em.

Can't blame them. Smart strategy. Staff is going to have get more out of the #4. Unless LeVert and Irvin are hot..this team is going to struggle. This reminds me a little of the Burke/THJ team where the team goes as those two go.

Team looked 'tight' tonight and was pressing...especially Irvin early. I wasn't impressed with EMU except for their size inside.
Of all the guys this team is missing from last year...it's not Stauskas...it's GR3. The #4 spot is an offensive black hole..no pun intended.

Reality Man

Yup. GR3 could finish, defend and was a decent shooter.

We really miss Morford. None of our bigs can screen and roll. Doyle bobbled how many passes? Do they even touch the defender when they set screens?

Irvin is useless if he isn't making shots.

Sad thing is Caris has outplayed Nik so far up until this point last year. He has nothing around him.

Banking that scholarship in 2013 then misses out on every name except Kam hurts.

Duncan Robinson can't fill in for Levert next year. 2016 huge for program.

I think you make some very good points...

Doyle and Donnal can't roll right now. Maybe that is why Wilson was getting more 'run' early.

Chatman is going to have to play better offensively or this offense is going to bog down. JB better get Dawkins up and running to help out the scoring. Hopefully Wilson can get healthy.

Here is what I am really trying to say...this team needs another offensive scorer because LeVERT is not MJ or Kobe and Irvin seems like he isn't quite ready for the pressure heavy lifting. The guy who can do the heavy lifting when things aren't going well. I like Irvin a lot but he still needs some time to get to that next level. I think LeVERT is at that level.

It's a one man show. A lot of the current issues are on JB and staff. Not everyone of them but this staff better get a 3rd offensive weapon because Walton is more of a pass first pg. I think this team is not as bad as they look but the #4 spot offensively is AWFUL. Just AWFUL.

Let me put it another way...probably not lost on some people...but the #4 if I am not mistake has given a grand total of 0 points in the last 2 game. Again...ZERO. Zilch. Nothing. Nada. Zippo. Goose egg. A big fat 0.00. I could be mistaken but I don't call Albrecht in the game pushing everyone to a different spot as somehow producing at the #4.

This is in the JB system which requires offense. That is a problem.

Reality Man

Re: I think you make some very good points...

Remember guys, are team is still super young. Other then Caris and Spike everyone is still 18 or 19 years old. Walton is injured...they will improve over time. They have all shown flashes and the hope is they evolve. In general though, if we are not hitting our shots, we stand no chance since we live and die by the 3.

Irvin is injured, too

Hurt his arm in the Syracuse game when he was fouled (no call) from behind on that dunk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT