ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Some intel on Josh Gattis

brandonjustice

Senior Editor
Staff
May 24, 2016
Woodhaven, MI
A program source notified me this morning of the change in perception around the building in regards to Jim Harbaugh's future.

For more on that, go here: https://michigan.forums.rivals.com/...aga-where-were-at-and-how-we-got-here.341891/

That same source made one thing clear: Josh Gattis was a busy man today. This included closed-door meetings, a plethora of phone calls, and several conversations with key folks inside the program. The source speculated this could be in preparation for a promotion. Among the staffers, Gattis is perceived to be the internal replacement for Harbaugh if the head coach indeed steps away.

"It would be best for the program. It might even be better than if Jim stays, and that's not a knock on Jim."

That information leads me to the obvious, Gattis currently has no plans to leave the program after 2022, refuting some comments of reports I've read on the board today.

Continuing on, the source added that a Gattis promotion likely means the staff will stick together. Those in Schembechler believe this season's success had more to do with the staff and personnel than solely on its head coach. That's not to be taken as a knock on Harbaugh, but more so credit to the staff he would be leaving behind to his successor.

All of that being said, as of Tuesday night, the vibe among the staff is like walking on eggshells, wondering when this whole thing will come to an end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News