ADVERTISEMENT

So I woke up this morning..........

Jim__S

Heisman
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
…….to utter chaos after going to bed with a cozy, comfy feeling about this class.

First things first. Everyone needs to chill.

Second. As I wrote in my post from yesterday, we NEVER get ‘em all. There are always kids we are confident in landing who end up elsewhere. Happens every year. And frankly, these are usually the most highly rated kids.

Third. Recruiting is fluid. Very fluid. Especially the night before Signing Day and on Signing Day. This is when the rubber hits the road and all is revealed. Last minute flips. Secret commits. Going for the NIL instead of the school. Etc, etc…….We will win some. We will lose some. In other words, so many ebbs and flows that the whole process turns into an emotional roller coaster.

So, after quickly perusing the internet where do we stand? So many moving pieces, so feel free to correct/update me if I missed something while sorting through the chaos:

Deone Walker: Kentucky now the leader

Ethan Burke: Likely flip to hometown school Texas

Damani Dent: Reportedly removed Michigan commitment status from social media and deciding between Michigan, Florida and Miami

Derrick Moore: Still looks Michigan-bound

Alex Orji: Trending to Michigan

A. Walker: Those in the know still expect flip to Michigan today

Keon Sabb: Not a slam dunk with Georgia in the picture (teammate Everette just committed there) but still looks like Michigan

Darrius Clemons: Roller-coaster past few hours, or so it seems, but still looks like Michigan

So all-in-all? Since I went to bed we are trending down for Deone Walker and up for Alex Orji. We were blindsided by the likely Burke flip and are in a battle to hold onto Dent. The top three prospects - Sabb, Moore and Clemons- still seem to be Michigan-bound. And who knows if Michigan has a surprise or two up its sleeves (no, I have no inside info here. Just speculating).

If the status quo remains, this is a win. The elite high four and five stars are the ones we often lose at the last minute. Hold onto Sabb, Moore and Clemons and I am one very happy camper. D. Walker, Burke and Dent are all fine players. But these are kids we can easily replace with similar level prospects in this or, more likely, the next cycle.

And for what it is worth I rate Orji as a high four star if he plays LB. Three stars if a QB.

So everybody chill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News