ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday game thread Minnesota 4pm

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
Big game for the conference standings and continued confidence as they try to pick up win #800 for Red.

Re: 6-4

Very poor defensive play by both teams tonight. 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals against U of M.

Great to see Hyman emerge as the blue chip recruit. A slow 2.5 years to start his career, but has really emerged with confidence, strength and experience.

Originally posted by clevelandcane:
Was that missed call when Motte got dragged down as bad on TV as it appeared live?

Yes. Thank God it didn't ultimately matter or I'd be complaining about that one for years. Function of how much I hate Minnesota, haha.

Fabulous weekend of hockey. Really entertaining games and huge to get two wins against the Gophers. Puts us up 8 on them in the standings, though they have a game in hand. A split at Mariucci would be huge. Pretty sure Hyman and Larkin will enjoy the big ice against them (though clearly they've got plenty of guys who will be effective too!). Hyman was skating around people like they were in quick sand this weekend.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Very entertaining weekend of hockey- lots of puck movement, and speed- there's a reason so many show up at Yost when Minnesota is in town.

So great to see the team jump on the opportunities given then and score. Hyman is just incredible right now, and Larkin and Sinelli are in good spot to really take advantage of that. Larkin's 2nd was a great play/pass from Zach- just a sweet touch under the Gopher defender, and then a great wide shot.

The PP where Copp scored was nice, too- the screen really put the goalie totally out of the play.

I do wish they could have held them to less than 3, but the movement was better the control was better- just more details to work out for the second half of the season.

Odd to think we are tied with Penn State for the B1G lead.

Congratulations, Red. 800 is a lot of wins. 100 was the year before I started, and 200 was just after my wife and I went to our first hockey game on an early date. 300 we were at in Cincinnati. Basically, we've been around for over 600 wins- not bad.

Just watched recording...

Why did they pull Racine? He seemed really upset. Kid just won the GLI. A couple of those goals were deflections. Was he hurt?

Re: Just watched recording...

On the mgoblue.com highlight video, they said "minor foot injury." Sort of tough to play goalie when you can't push from side to side.

Frankly, when they showed him right after he got to the bench and even in a close up shot before they took him out, I thought to myself that he looked like he had the flu - he looked like he wanted to up-chuck.

This team could be really good if they had any goaltending at all. Racine may have won the GLI but he's an average at best keeper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT