ADVERTISEMENT

Running qb biggest advantage for OSU

palmspringsblue

All-League
Jan 16, 2015
We can handle pro set run games with non-running qbs like MSU and PSU but....What an advantage . by the third quarter our backers had no clue who to stick with OSU qb or back and as a result huge holes and defenders moving themselves sideways. Urbs has a huge advantage that we will not take advantage of until our qbs can run.
Even if our offense gets better next year how can anybody in CFB not use this huge advantage. Why would anyone have an offense that features a qb handing straight off and going to stand off to the side 40 times a game. You end up with the person who touches the ball the most on your team doing nothing to make the defense react for half the game.
N Dame gets it...
We will not need to have equal talent to beat OSU , we will need better talent.That aint happnin.
Anyway , I find it telling that we had a qb advantage on OSU for years when big stiff gunslingers were what won. Well, we haven't had a qb advantage on anyone for years. But Dennard was our worst throwing qb and in an offense made for a tall stiff was still our best offensive weapon.
I understand JH is getting it going but I think he has seen too much not to make sure we have a guy who can run going forward. I would add that into formula when we try to figure our starter going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News