ADVERTISEMENT

Rudock will be Michigan's QB this year

scfanblue

Senior
Oct 25, 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
I said on here months ago that Harbaugh is bringing in Rudock for one year to lead Michigan's offense. Meanwhile, Gentry, Malzone, and the others, including Morris will be getting the reps they need. Morris will be the backup. Harbaugh spoke highly of Rudock to the press this week, however, he will be fair in the final decision. Shane has got the tools,however, he was poorly coached his first two years and has very little experience. The experience he did get was very negative. I hope he stays positive because he very well could lead UM next year, however I look for Gentry to possibly get the job next year. Any opinions?

I agree with the Rudock post, but I think the QB next year will be O'korn. He has passed for over 3,000 yards in a season and will be able to learn the system and work with Harbaugh while he redshirts. His experience will give him a leg up on the job. I believe he has two years of eligibility left.

I agree with the Rudock post, but I think the QB next year will be O'korn. He has passed for over 3,000 yards in a season and will be able to learn the system and work with Harbaugh while he redshirts. His experience will give him a leg up on the job. I believe he has two years of eligibility left.

Good post. I never considered him and did not know he had two years left. I hate it for Shane Morris though. He was highly touted in Michigan, missed his Senior year in HS and was then horribly coached his first two years of college developmnent which is crucial for a QB at that level. He is really liked by the fans and he is a media hound. I give him tons of credity for being a competitor, however, I stand by my original post that Rudock is simply better and two years of experience already has prepared him for the pressure.

I personally would not be surprised to see Morris leave in the next couple weeks and say he is going to transfer. If he does not start this year, his odds of starting ever at Michigan will be likely zero.

I doubt that he would transfer now but that is a high possibility in January. Look for Western or Central Michigan to pick him up
I think he could still transfer in August and play by 2016 versus if he transfer in January in which case he would not be able to play until 2017 unless he graduates.

I did not know that and thanks for the information. If that is the case then you are correct my friend as it would behoove him to transfer now. I would be 100% shocked if he won the starting job and would personally post an apology to him on here(not that he reads this site). I like Shane but the last two years killed his QB growth. He has the size and ability to succeed, however, Harbaugh seems to be looking for experience right now and not wait to develop and nurture in his critcial first year at UM which will set the tone. This is exactly why he brought in Rudock (1 year of eligibility) and O'Korn (2 years of eligibility). Harbaugh wants to win this year and he can do it with the right QB who does not make many mistakes and can manage the game. Michigan is going to be fantastic on defense this year. He will have his offense ready and the Wolverines are going to be much better than 99% of the so called experts are saying. These are the same people that were saying 6 months ago that he would never return to AA and college football and that Oakland was his destination. He knows what he is doing bringing in a kicker and the CB-Lyons. We have a super coach and the ride begins in less than a month. I can't wait.

Reactions: biondonyc
I did not know that and thanks for the information. If that is the case then you are correct my friend as it would behoove him to transfer now. I would be 100% shocked if he won the starting job and would personally post an apology to him on here(not that he reads this site). I like Shane but the last two years killed his QB growth. He has the size and ability to succeed, however, Harbaugh seems to be looking for experience right now and not wait to develop and nurture in his critcial first year at UM which will set the tone. This is exactly why he brought in Rudock (1 year of eligibility) and O'Korn (2 years of eligibility). Harbaugh wants to win this year and he can do it with the right QB who does not make many mistakes and can manage the game. Michigan is going to be fantastic on defense this year. He will have his offense ready and the Wolverines are going to be much better than 99% of the so called experts are saying. These are the same people that were saying 6 months ago that he would never return to AA and college football and that Oakland was his destination. He knows what he is doing bringing in a kicker and the CB-Lyons. We have a super coach and the ride begins in less than a month. I can't wait.
Agreed-kudos to Shane for sticking it out, but two wasted years under Clappy and Co aren't helping his cause. Similarly, all the OL have to be deprogrammed from Funk's inept coaching and Clappy being ok with awful O line play. So glad that dark chapter is finally over.

While everyone touted Hoke's recruiting - he was terrible at getting skilled players. He loved recruiting big guys (OL, DL) but he did not get great WRs, etc - I think we will be fine at QB but we have zero WRs on the team. None of our WRs would start for any Top 50 team in the country - perhaps Darboh but I doubt it. We have a serious void on offense. I trust whomever starts at QB will do well - JH was a QB himself and loves coaching that position. I also think our O-line will be ok this year. I am excited about our RBs but teams will stack the line and dare us to throw because I doubt our WRs really have the speed or skill to really get open against great DBs/Safeties.

I said on here months ago that Harbaugh is bringing in Rudock for one year to lead Michigan's offense. Meanwhile, Gentry, Malzone, and the others, including Morris will be getting the reps they need. Morris will be the backup. Harbaugh spoke highly of Rudock to the press this week, however, he will be fair in the final decision. Shane has got the tools,however, he was poorly coached his first two years and has very little experience. The experience he did get was very negative. I hope he stays positive because he very well could lead UM next year, however I look for Gentry to possibly get the job next year. Any opinions?
Good luck with Jake! He's a great kid. Hope he works out for you!

I disagree, I think Shane is a better athlete, stronger arm and more QB skills. People are judging him mostly on the bad Minnesota game. I believe Morris starts against Utah and has a good year. I know Rudduck has the experience, but I think Shane will win it by a slim margin.

I agree about the DEPTH at this position, however, I gotta disagree about Darboh and Chesson not being able to start in a top 50 team. BOTH of these guys were offered by major schools and Chesson was offered by Oklahoma State which has an excellent pass happy offense. These guys were not DEVELOPED by Hoke and staff because the passing game wsa focused 100% Gardner to Funchess and ocassionally to Butt. This is where Nussmeir/Borges really sucked as OC's and of course Hoke's head coaching. Brian Cole is going to be a pain in the ass for people and he was offered by ALL major schools including Urban Meyer. Don't forget that Jabrill Peppers will probably see time as well. We will be fine. But you are 100% correct about Hoke's recruiting efforts. I like what he did by focusing on the OL/DL first because that is where the game is won and I know there will be an ass load of skill players wanting to play for Harbaugh after this season. We will be fine this year. In 1997, how many great receivers did Michigan have? I say only one and that was Tai Streets who was not really that great, however, he was just enough of a vertical threat to help the team go undefeated and we also lined up Woodson once in awhile.

I disagree, I think Shane is a better athlete, stronger arm and more QB skills. People are judging him mostly on the bad Minnesota game. I believe Morris starts against Utah and has a good year. I know Rudduck has the experience, but I think Shane will win it by a slim margin.

I can't disagree more. I don't know why you think Morris has better QB skills than Jake Rudock but I would like to ask where he developed them? It certainly was not under Brady Hoke and not in the last three months with Harbaugh. He may have a stronger arm, but was his completion rate when he started for Michigan? What was his turnover rate? Rudock has experience in games against both MSU and OSU. Morris has spent the last two years behind Gardner and with ZERO coaching. He has less than 1% game time experience. Do you think Harbaugh would have invited any QB in with 1 year of eligibility just to try to be Michigan's QB. When he was hired as coach, he scanned the roster and knew that he had to recruit someone immediately for the QB position above all. Rudock and O'Korn were immediately offered wiht their eligibility situations. Harbaugh also stole Gentry from Texas. Morris may transfer in a few weeks as posted earlier. Not going to be leading the blue on Sept 3.

I agree about the DEPTH at this position, however, I gotta disagree about Darboh and Chesson not being able to start in a top 50 team. BOTH of these guys were offered by major schools and Chesson was offered by Oklahoma State which has an excellent pass happy offense. These guys were not DEVELOPED by Hoke and staff because the passing game wsa focused 100% Gardner to Funchess and ocassionally to Butt. This is where Nussmeir/Borges really sucked as OC's and of course Hoke's head coaching. Brian Cole is going to be a pain in the ass for people and he was offered by ALL major schools including Urban Meyer. Don't forget that Jabrill Peppers will probably see time as well. We will be fine. But you are 100% correct about Hoke's recruiting efforts. I like what he did by focusing on the OL/DL first because that is where the game is won and I know there will be an ass load of skill players wanting to play for Harbaugh after this season. We will be fine this year. In 1997, how many great receivers did Michigan have? I say only one and that was Tai Streets who was not really that great, however, he was just enough of a vertical threat to help the team go undefeated and we also lined up Woodson once in awhile.

Hard to compare the 1997 team with anyone else. That team needed to score about 14 points a game to win so not much offense was needed because that D was so insanely good - I think well over 20 players from that team ended up in the NFL if I am not mistaken. I hope our D is that good but we don't have one guy on offense that can keep defenses on their heels - someone that the D has to pay extra attention to because they will burn you otherwise. I miss the days of Terrell, Braylon, Mario, Avant...we have had some amazing ones come by. I am hoping Harris develops a bit this year and hopefully Canteen can also contribute and give some folks fits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT