ADVERTISEMENT

Ricky Doyle is the X factor this year. I believe IF he can play even...

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
about 80% as well as he has thus far this team can compete for the Big Ten title.

His toughness down low on both ends and his offensive rebounding given this team may not shoot as well as the last two years will be huge.

Glad you posted...

Yes, I agree that Doyle is a big part of the equation to achieve a great season. I liked his prep tape and looks like a blue collar guy who works hard and can do some dirty work along with some short game action. Hopefully he keeps improving but like him a lot.

I think UM has the other pieces (solid pg's, LeVert and Irvin (the two headed monster) and some bnech depth. Hopefully Dawkins can improve and give them a few minutes here and there. Donnal and maybe Wilson. Team is young and has a very nice upside.

All that being said...the key to me for this team to really go far is Chatman. He is the most talented of all the frosh. You can see the talent just oozing out of the kid. See his length. He has great length and coordination. Smart smart player. Very good passer. Sees the court. Can pull down 10 boards a night. He is potentially an upgrade at the #4. Not afraid to take a shot.

He is getting better but if he can shoot 40% from the field then this team can explode. The team needs more from him offensively and he is starting to settle down.

Its more about Chatman than Doyle although both are important. The reason I say that is Chatman gives UM another dimension/scorer on the wing which makes Irvin and LeVert even more effective. There really is nobody else at the #4 whereas Doyle at least has Max B and Donnal who may not be the player Doyle will be but they are better insurance players.

When I watch Chatman...I see a bigger & stronger Jalen Rose. Chatman can be a star in the Big Ten and it looks like he is rounding into form. Just think...he gives this team a modest 10 pts per night along with all his other skills....look out.

Reality Man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT