ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Recruits React To Michigan's Win Over Minnesota

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
QB JJ McCarthy — "It's a great day to be a Wolverine!"

QB Dante Moore (2023 Target) — "It was great to see them on the same page and putting points on the board. Joe (Milton) looked wonderful on the field. Je deserves all of it. Their backfield and wide receiver core look dangerous!"

QB Pop Watson (2023 Target) — "Michigan looked dominant. Offense was explosive and defense kept a good offense under control."

RB Donovan Edwards (2021 Target) — "Great win. Go Blue."

RB Tavierre Dunlap — "Glad to finally see my boys play! Can’t wait to get up there to Ann Arbor. Very impressed with all the running backs."

WR Xavier Worthy — "I said they were gonna 20 piece them easy. Just getting started."

WR Andrel Anthony — "I loved everything Ii saw. All young receivers had chances to make plays. Everyone flying around. Me and my family loved it. I can’t wait to be a part of it."

WR Tyler Morris — (2022 Target) —"I think it was a great show of how good their offense is and how much they get the ball around."

WR Carnell Tate (2023 Target) — "It was a great team win. The offense and defense both played a great game. Michigan threw the ball very well and came to play."

WR Malik Elzy (202 Target) — "Bom Squad!"

OL Raheem Anderson — "Both offensive and defensive lines looked great. I can’t wait to be able to compete against great defensive linemen. Joe (Milton) looked good."

OL Tristan Bounds — "Go Blue. Great team win."

OL Giovanni El-Hadi — "LFG. Never doubt Michigan!"

OL Billy Schrauth (2022 Target) — "Thought the team looked great, especially on the offensive side. Being able to both run and pass the ball at a high level this year is going to make this team very dangerous."

OL Ka'Marii Landers (2022 Target) — "I think the offensive line played great. They didn't allow one sack, and they rushed for like 250 yards. The offensive line was moving stuff."

OL Blake Miller (2022 Target) — "Good first game! Excited that Big 10 football is back!"

OL Connor Jones (2022 Target) — “Big win over a solid conference and Top 25 opponent. Solid balanced offensive performance! Definitely has me excited!”

OL Amir Herring (2023 Target) — “Great Game! It was exciting to see Michigan back on the field. The Offensive Line dominated and showed that they will be tough to deal with this season! Go Blue!”

TE Louis Hansen — “That was awesome to watch, tons of fun. Definitely a statement game for Michigan. It was great to see them go out and dominate a good Minnesota team. And Joe (Milton) looked great.”

TE Marlin Klein — "The team played really well. It was a huge win to kickoff the season. I can’t wait to watch the next games and to be playing in two years."

DL Alex VanSumeren — "Good team win against a ranked opponent on the road!! Saw a lot of good things and they will only get better. Go Blue!"

DL Quintin Somerville — "I would say ass whoopin, but I don’t think you can say that in the article. It was an incredible performance by this DL to set the tone for weeks ahead. And that offense is gonna be scary."

DL TJ Guy — "Watching that defense had me itching in my chair. I just can’t wait to play in Coach (Don) Brown’s defense. Man, he makes all three levels look so good. Once everything gets tightened up as they continue to play, I see a playoff team in the future."

DL Joe Strickland (2022 Target) — “Definitely a big one to start off the season strong. Looking forward to seeing the rest.. good efforts from the offense and big win for Michigan. Looking forward to seeing that d line do some work!!”

DL Derrick Shepard (2022 Target) —"I was impressed when Michigan won over a traditionally good football team in Minnesota and hope they carry it on through out the year."

DL Deone Walker (2022 Target) — "It was great to see them handle their business."

LB Junior Colson — "I was really proud of how they played, especially number 23 (Michael Barrett), and it shows how bright the future is for Michigan."

LB Jaydon Hood — "There nothing to say, but GO BLUE."

LB Tyler Martin — "The guys looked great, and it was a really fun game to watch. Coach (Don) Brown got the defense going and Joe Milton is the real deal. I can’t wait to be part of the team and show out just like the boys did tonight."

LB Tyler McLaurin — "HUUGGGEEE WIN!! Everyone saw the defensive scoop and score. The defense was going nuts against their passing game. Phenomenal play calling on both sides of the ball. Coach (Josh) Gattis was having a great play calling game."

LB Sebastian Cheeks (2022 Target) — “I thought they came out with a great win against obviously a great opponent in Minnesota. That defense will really determine who they are this season because we know the offensive side of the ball has talent for sure.”

DB Ja’Den McBurrows — “Great team win overall. Defense is looking scary out there and Joe Milton looked amazing. I wouldn’t be suprised if he goes first round #Goblue.”

DB Ceyair Wright (2021 Target) — "It was good game and a good chance to see the secondary, who played well!"

DB Will Johnson (2022 Target) — "I enjoyed watching Michigan play. I think they’re gonna have an explosive offense with those running backs, and if they can continue playing at a high level on defense, they should have a really good year. Makari (Paige) getting a lot of playing time was big for me to see him play as a true freshman."

DB Jaeden Gould (2022 Target) — "Definitely watched the whole game. It was a statement win for Michigan, and they definitely showed how great the offense could be. The defense played well throughout the whole game getting pressure and getting stops."

DB James Monds (2022 Target) — "I think it was a great team win and all the phases of the ball were just locked in executing."

DB Isaac Thompson (2022 Target) — "Michigan’s DBs played super fast and physical all game and shut down Minnesota. The defense looked great all game."

ATH Dillon Tatum (2022 Target) — “I think they had a great team win and looked really solid defensively. Offensively they also pretty good with almost an entire new offense. I think they’re going to have a great season. Great team win.”

ATH Tyrell Henry (2022 Target) — "They played hard. It looks like there going to be a very good team!! Very intriguing."

ATH Tay'Shawn Trent (2022 Target) — "Great win. Seem like I’d like to be a part of it."

K/P Tommy Doman — "This was a fun and exciting new Michigan team to watch for sure. Seeing how (Joe) Milton took command of that offense was awesome to see. I also enjoyed seeing the freshmen get some good playing time this week."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News