ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting stories with Fred Jackson

MichaelJSpath

Sophomore
Dec 21, 2020
Shelly Kovacs and I interviewed Fred for an upcoming episode of "Game Of My Life" (I'll share that when it goes live in late August) and damn I love listening to his stories. A new one I hadn't heard before was Anthony Thomas. A-Train was extremely poor growing up. Fred said that they had cardboard in place of windows and the couch was so ratty that rats probably lived underneath it. Well, the top competition came down to Nebraska and when Tom Osborne visited, he came into the house but stood in the corner. He wouldn't sit down. Anthony's mom was really upset about the way he looked at them and their home. You can see where this is headed ... Fred Jackson is as humble as they get. He walked into that house, sat on the couch, stayed for dinner, went to church with them and by the time he left, Anthony's mom was telling her son he was going to Michigan.

He's such a great dude. And he's extremely happy Mike is back. Hart has done a few things for Fred, putting a picture of FJ and a quote up above his desk and he tells players all the time that Fred is the "alpha" when it comes to developing running backs. We talked a lot about Mike, A-Train, Wheatley, Tshimanga and Denard on the podcast. Think you'll really love it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News