ADVERTISEMENT

Real Quick Basketball Observation …

argus99

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2004
Newtown, PA
Before I’ll have more to say about the Football team Sunday morning, and nothing I will state will have anything to do with what happens against sparty. There is only one issue that held this team back from either being most assuredly 6-1, or realistic possible 7-0 heading into a sparty team that Michigan, without making this one critical error, would easily dominate just as much as Team 144’s 49-0..interstate highway paving of sparty that was thee worst complete beat down I’ve seen since the Ty Willingham (spelling?) or John L. Smith years of hilarious incompetence coaching sparty teams. Lots more Sunday.

My point about the BBall team: I have not seen such tough, ball stealing and just such a disruptive front court, and I’m being serious here, since the days of Rickey Green playing point with Grote, Baxter, and Stanton all big 6-3 shooting guards who could play small forward as well, with Phil Hubbard, Robinson, and Thompson all 6-8 monsters in the backcourt switching between forward or center effortlessly and were big body lockdown defenders, with Hubbard and Robinson averaging 19-20 pts and 10+ rebounds, a lot were off offensive glass, with Thompson averaging 10pts and 6-7 rbs.I’m certain that y’all Millennials, Gen Y, and Gen Z guys have no idea who those guys are, so I’ll tell you:

That ‘77 team with Hubbard and Green, who were the greatest players to ever wear the Maize and Blue not named Cazzie Russell, would have crushed the Fab 5 not only being a near positionless starting 5 who had 3 guys averaging 20 pts, with Rickey Green adding 3 rbs and 6 assists, while the rotation of 3 SG all avging 10 pts 2-3 rbs and 3 assists while playing Joe Dumars/Mo Cheeks level defense, and 2 out of your 3 backcourt F/Cs avgs of 20pts 10 ribbies and the 3rd was a 10 pt - 6 rb guy for all 30 games. Every single guy on that team played suffocating disruptive defense..especially Rickey Green and SG du Jour. These portal guys May found are playing like that ‘77 team, making steals half the time Toledo brought the ball over half court for a good portion of this game, and dominating the glass with those 2 7 fters who are agile and can drain 3s. Toledo is a really good team and made it closer than this game really is at 93-88 with a bs touch call with 30 seconds left. But Michigan has played like they knew before warmup that they were gonna win this game and coasted the last 8 minutes. Wait until they can maintain that intensity all game…which will be very soon. 96-89 easy win against an NCAA tourney MAC team in their 2nd exhibition game together.

Let’s just say I’m feeling pretty good about Coach May and this team with instant potential to be in the mix to be the REGULAR season champion, because we all know the B1G Tournament champ is NOT the true conference champion. Either way, I can tell this is a middle seed NCAA Tournament team at the very least after 2 exhibition games.

ADDENDUM:

If you’re a younger alum/fan and don’t know a single thing about the 76-78 Wolverines with icons like Phil Hubbard and Rickey Green, I’m serious in stating you should not post about Michigan Basketball again until you educate yourself about them. That may sound like some Gen X blowback, but you youngins’ act like anyone over 50 is an idiot, like your generations are some kind of quantum leap in evolutionary intellectualism with that “Ok Boomer” passive aggressive ageism. The last time some young guy “Ok Boomer”-ed me, I grabbed him and said forehead to forehead, “I’m Gen X..not a Boomer. I swear to Christ that the next time any post Analog Age jerkoff ‘Ok Boomers’ me again, I’m gonna show y’all the REAL difference between Boomers and Gen X guys compared to you judgemental ageists..We are tough MFers..all of us, while ALL of you post-analog generations are total PUSSIES. That’s the truth.”

Now, when my disorders kick in hard and I don’t fully go into Dissociative Disorder mode, I can remember most of what happens through a lens where everything I see is a shade of blood red, and I’m told my face changes into something very frightening that I’ve flippantly nicknamed my “Death Face”. This Gen Y guy I accosted saw it eye to eye and was visibly scared shitless as he quickly returned to his “Wolfpack” (The extended adolescence and need for a pack of guys to have “Video Game Night” with every week baffles guys from my generation. Just grow up already 35 yr olds, CHRIST.) To conclude, be careful with that “Ok Boomer” shit, you just might do it to the wrong guy who is far more scarier than I am WITHOUT the serious mental illnesses…that’s what normal guys from Gen X are like, because we had to earn everything we got the old school way, instead of feeling entitled like all post-analog generations do.

As you can tell, I’m agitated. Still defending the gate, but my shit is finding micro fractures in the towering stone walls of defense and escaping like a trickling leak in the Hoover Dam. Under the amount of stress I have been under for a few years now taking care of my mom, I’m amazed that only slight symptoms of my serious multiple disorders have managed to escape while I continue to get shit done every day with only sheer will holding it all together.

Thats my “Brief” observation..lol. Even when I put all I can into making a paragraph length post, This is the best I can do. All I can do is laugh at myself for any of my compulsive behaviors I can’t control. I just gave up caring and laugh at how weird I am with this zero impulse control shit that affects every aspect of my life…😂

Smoke Green! Snort White! - Argus

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.