ADVERTISEMENT

Questions the need answering to me

mdegrawmd

Letterman
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2005
We were badly outcoached, unprepared and overwhelmed last night. Jimmy had that confused look all night. Here’s the questions I would want him to answer:

1) why did WE make ALL the mental errors? Delay on the FIRST play after half time? Why would you need to huddle for 30 seconds there? Why was your team mentally not ready?

2) Did you forget that screen plays and TE passes work against a pressuring DLine?

3) Why did THEIR coaches gameplan for a fast, pressuring dline, but you couldnt?

4) Do we have any pass patterns that arent 4-6 yard outs? Why donwe talk about our amazing TEs but through only 5 passes to them EACH only 5 yrds downfield? Middle of the field was wide open but I dont recall ever having a receiver any where near there all game.

5) No screen passes? Well, there was one. And it worked.

6) Dont we have great dline and DC coaches? Why dont our DEs have ANY pass rush moves except wide speed rush???

7) Is it me, or did we steal the old Lions dline playbook of outside speedrush and allow wide running lanes every single play.

8) Was getting Shane on the move, out of thenpocket working TOO well, so you stopped? And on rollouts, again, any gameplanning that includes a pass more than 3 yrds downfield?

9) Why dont our WRs ever get open?? Are they just not good?? Or are our route trees so predictable?? Even against bad teams last year, we had zero separation.

The offense looks putrid. OLine wasnt great. STILL had problems with combo blocks and stunts and twists. BUT, I think they were better.

But our boring, boring, plain, vanilla STUBBORN, offensive (and offensive) play calling is beyond confusing.

No idea why every pass pattern was either 5 yard outs or simple go patterns.

Reactions: Geos and Hail_Blue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News