ADVERTISEMENT

QBs, offensive strategy and OSU--how much difference could/will all this make? (m)

MHoops1

Heisman
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
This board has folks all over the map in terms of how we would be most likely to beat OSU. Some want to open it up because it's going to be a track meet and we have to keep up; others want keep things close to the vest, control the ball and avoid turnovers, thinking that the best way to win is to reduce the number of possessions and force errors while creating none of our own. Some want to start Cade, others want to start J.J., and still others want a mix between the two. For purposes of this post, I don't care which position you advocate. My question is this--if we do exactly what you want to do, what do you think is the likelihood in percentage that we could/will beat OSU? And if we don't, and go the other route, what is the likelihood in percentage of success against OSU?

The reason I ask this is to find out whether the difference in chance of winning from preferred position to non-preferred one is significant in peoples' eyes, or merely a slight increase. To me, that matters a lot. If the chances of winning increase significantly and/or if the preferred method makes it actually likely that we would beat OSU, or even makes the game a toss-up, that affects everything including not only how we approach the OSU game but also how we approach the four games pre-OSU. If the chances increase only slightly, and we're still very likely to lose to the Buckeyes, that's a different scenario. Any real cost-benefit analysis examines not only the benefits which can be derived, but also how likely they are to occur. That's what I'm searching for here.

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News