ADVERTISEMENT

QB in 2020 .....

mgoblue81

Senior
Gold Member
May 28, 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
I shouldn't be jumping the gun, but with the 2019 season approaching it's finale, I began thinking about who I want and expect to see succeed Patterson next season.

D-Mac has been #2 the past 2 seasons and has shown a lot of promise. He has a pro level arm, sneaky athleticism, and excellent pedigree. Big knocks on him are decision making and taking unnecessary punishment.

Big Joe is a student of the game that is willing to do whatever it takes to be great! His arm strength is superhuman and unmatched. He has size (6'5 and 240) and he has the necessary athleticism to run the zone read, and QB designed runs. Knocks are his touch and knowing when to take some steam off, and overall experience.

McNamara seems like a gamer and will push the other 2, but I don't expect him to be able to usurp either of the previously mentioned. However, I expect him to work like he is the starter so if and when he has a chance to show what he can do, he does so at a high level.

My hope is that Big Joe takes the reigns. I like D-Mac and believe he can be a very good QB, but Big Joe has the bigger upside from what I have gathered in their limited playing time and the information passed down through articles. Joe has things you CAN'T coach; size /arm strength. It's a matter of him harnessing his abilities and employing them in a controlled manner. Reports are always stating that Joe is a football junkie and always trying to find ways to improve. That along with his raw talent and physical gifts make him a very attractive candidate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News