ADVERTISEMENT

Priority Needs for 2018

#1> Not sure yet... with bad QB play and a young/struggling OL it's hard to say
#2> Something has to give. We need a player or 2 at OT though.
#3> Without question especially pass pro.
#4> Not sure yet... those 2 are going to be a load when we get good QB play
#5> Speed and size
#6> Amen. .Zone/Blitz for passing QBs.. QB Spy for running QBs..

There is a need for better evaluation of OL recruits. They have not measured up and I see a Freshman OL just got his transfer. I believe the RS from Texas might not have the fastest feet. I do not see any one in the wings for RT and the two guys now are marginal at best.

The RB's are mediocre to good. It could be the change in RB coach to Harbaugh's son. They sure do not pass block worth a darn. He is no Wheatley at the job.

There is a need for the WR's to get stronger. I would evaluate their weight room regimen and see if some upgrades can be made. They also need to be able to deal with a bump and run defense and get some separation on their routes.

QB is a position of concern. The lack of improvement in players that have been in the program two or more years is a concern. Peters should have been ready with a total play book and not have to be spoon fed a watered down offense. Lucky there was a 3 game stretch of poor teams. Why recruit Gentry a 4* QB and make him a TE. What was the evaluation that made you recruit him, because it would have been better to get a TE to start.

There is a need for better evaluation of OL recruits. They have not measured up and I see a Freshman OL just got his transfer. I believe the RS from Texas might not have the fastest feet. I do not see any one in the wings for RT and the two guys now are marginal at best.

The RB's are mediocre to good. It could be the change in RB coach to Harbaugh's son. They sure do not pass block worth a darn. He is no Wheatley at the job.

There is a need for the WR's to get stronger. I would evaluate their weight room regimen and see if some upgrades can be made. They also need to be able to deal with a bump and run defense and get some separation on their routes.

QB is a position of concern. The lack of improvement in players that have been in the program two or more years is a concern. Peters should have been ready with a total play book and not have to be spoon fed a watered down offense. Lucky there was a 3 game stretch of poor teams. Why recruit Gentry a 4* QB and make him a TE. What was the evaluation that made you recruit him, because it would have been better to get a TE to start.

I like Gentry as TE. He could develop into a great one. Sometimes after getting kids on campus and seeing their skill set chnage in positons happen

I think he does a good job at TE. My point was that he was evaluated as a QB and thought enough of to be offered a scholarship at that position. The evaluation process at QB might have to be tweaked some to get some hits.

I think he does a good job at TE. My point was that he was evaluated as a QB and thought enough of to be offered a scholarship at that position. The evaluation process at QB might have to be tweaked some to get some hits.

Hopefully one of our young QB's ends up being the guy. That should be one of JH's greatest strengths evaluating signal callers. We will find out soon enough because these are his guys. We will be very young at that position but will have to better than what we experienced this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT