ADVERTISEMENT

Personally would love to see MSU at night

MichaelSpath

Michigan Man
Aug 28, 2002
Every fan base has some bad fans. I know my fair share of downright obnoxious Michigan fans that regale me with stories about their drunken exploits at road games. I cringe when I think about them "representing" the Michigan name. But it is what it is.

Does Michigan State have a higher percentage? Eh. I think that's more a perception by Michigan folks with a rivalry bias than anything g likely grounded in fact. I like and respect Jim Hackett. The guy is a smart dude and he probably has listened to members of the community and the campus and Ann Arbor police present their arguments but I caution to make assumptions or presumptions about a fan base. Seems to me if you treat people a certain way you're creating part of the problem because you don't offer enough respect that they can behave.

In other words if you cage an animal is it vicious naturally or because you put it in a cage? Probably a little of both. I'd prefer to raise the expectation that a great instate rivalry with fans that are connected through family, friends, neighbors, etc. can put on a terrific event that would lead to a memorable Saturday.

But alas so often negative perception and the what could happen trumps our willingness to try something.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News