ADVERTISEMENT

Peppers stays????

Rooster

Sophomore
Jun 13, 2001
Any chance at all that Peppers will decide to stick around for
his Junior year to increase his NFL worth?

not sure his stock can rise unless he really wants to be a lb not a safety

ive heard rumors the bears are very interested with a top 5 pick

i think if he got alittle bigger and came back he can up his lb stock

Been praying for him to have the wisdom and guidance to make the right decision with God and Mom's help. Those dynamic 2 could keep him in AA, Amen! "74

Been praying for him to have the wisdom and guidance to make the right decision with God and Mom's help. Those dynamic 2 could keep him in AA, Amen! "74

OK, let's assume your his mother. Right now there is more money on the table than you have ever dreamed of and then some for your son. If he leaves school now he and you would be set for life if the money is invested wisely (i.e. deposited in the bank or even treasury bills)! By staying another year he risks:

A.) serious injury

B.) falling in the draft and lots of money left on the table and lost

C.) getting into trouble, losing focus, burning out. Knowing any Pro football player only has a very limited number of years to play well, by staying in school he is using up one more of those precious years.

D.) wondering in the back of your mind if all those fans, coaches and the school are interested foremost in what's best for your son.........or.........winning? Would they take him out or play him if he was hurt? Would he take extraordinary risks for their adulation (i.e. believing he is Iron Man and going back too soon after a concussion?) And you know in your heart all those bumps and brusies and tears have a cumulative affect.

So tell me "Mom".........seriously, for his best interest how would you advise your son?

If he doesn't take the money right now, he is making the wrong choice. Everything else is there for him later, except the money if he breaks something bad

OK, let's assume your his mother. Right now there is more money on the table than you have ever dreamed of and then some for your son. If he leaves school now he and you would be set for life if the money is invested wisely (i.e. deposited in the bank or even treasury bills)! By staying another year he risks:

A.) serious injury

C.) getting into trouble, losing focus, burning out. Knowing any Pro football player only has a very limited number of years to play well, by staying in school he is using up one more of those precious years.

D.) wondering in the back of your mind if all those fans, coaches and the school are interested foremost in what's best for your son.........or.........winning? Would they take him out or play him if he was hurt? Would he take extraordinary risks for their adulation (i.e. believing he is Iron Man and going back too soon after a concussion?) And you know in your heart all those bumps and brusies and tears have a cumulative affect.

So tell me "Mom".........seriously, for his best interest how would you advise your son?
It's not an either/or scenario is it necessarily? What if you get seriously injured, are unable to continue in football, are remembered fondly as the guy who gave it all for his team...could that result in a fruitful, successful life? I certainly think so, and there are plenty of examples to back it up.

It's not an either/or scenario is it necessarily? What if you get seriously injured, are unable to continue in football, are remembered fondly as the guy who gave it all for his team...could that result in a fruitful, successful life? I certainly think so, and there are plenty of examples to back it up.
1) if you get hurt in college and can't play, it's graduation from MI, start your wonderful normal life that can also have some amazing highlights. I didn't play football while at Michigan and feel really good about how my life turned out.
2) you can get that million + for just signing on the dotted line (even if you don't actually see the filed or if you get hurt on day two and can never play again) millions change not just his life forever but that of his families immediately. You can always go back to school... people do it all the time and it's a lot easier if you have a few million in the bank while you do it . I don't think most people are in a position to just gamble way millions when you've struggled your whole life. That's a lot to expect of a person... take the money is always my advice

A.) serious injury

Mom's make a big difference when they are the ones bring up the child. I can give you a perfect example. Remember Willie Anderson 'Flipper' out of Paulsboro NJ? He was raised by his Grand mom and it came down to UCLA and us. Grand man loved UCLA's HC Terry Donohue and he went there when we had AC graduating that spring and the spot wide open. He was lead by the family member who loved and cared for him the most. GBGB"74

A.) serious injury

C'mon.....nobody's Ironman.
We're just not that smart and technically advanced yet.

No. He should not. He can always go back after earning millions for his family to get his degree
Often the ones going back for a degree have done that because of problems they faced in football such as a pro career that didn't pan out as expected.

A good friend of mine went to Duke and played football, left and went to the pro's, played 8 years, saved his money, then went back to Duke and got his degree and then went on to Duke Law School and became a business/sports attorney. He is now an executive with a world wide sports construction and operations advisory firm. Yes, you can have your cake and eat it too..........just goes down a lot easier with money in the bank. Oh yeah, and while he was doing all that he got happily married and has a family with 4 kids.

Reactions: DrCorona

You can't be serious. Give me a break with the hollywood movie nonsense. This kid comes from a poor background. He should take the money & change the situation for his family. There's no way in hell you'd advise your child to do differently in the same situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT