ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State board

candid

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2004
Again, I went to the PSU board and wasted time reading the dumb ass comments by their recent grads as to the officiating in the Big 10. It's pathetic, we should have kicked them out after the Sandusky fiasco. Reason, excess ignorance of their fan base and desire to be in a dif conf.

Reactions: rojo36
Again, I went to the U-M board and wasted time reading the dumb ass comments by their recent grads as to the decision that the B1G made after the Sandusky affair. It's pathetic, that decision was made 40 months ago and it's not getting changed: that discussion is long over.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUPALY
Over on the BWI board they had a long thread about The Big 10's attempt to keep them down by scheduling 10 straight games before their bye.

Now there's a thread about how the Iowa Band disrespected the PSU band.

I would love to go to one of their homes for the family Thanksgiving Dinner. It would be highly entertaining.

Reactions: GoBlue1717
It should be a great game. If our OL can block, we have a shot at winning; if not, we loose. There is always fodder on every board about next weeks opponent, no big deal, so don't take it personnel......

Over on the BWI board they had a long thread about The Big 10's attempt to keep them down by scheduling 10 straight games before their bye.

Now there's a thread about how the Iowa Band disrespected the PSU band.

I would love to go to one of their homes for the family Thanksgiving Dinner. It would be highly entertaining.
There is a decades long tradition of cobbling together conspiracy theories among the PSU faithful over there. It has given our board endless amounts of entertainment over the years

It should be a great game. If our OL can block, we have a shot at winning; if not, we loose. There is always fodder on every board about next weeks opponent, no big deal, so don't take it personnel......

True, but our DL is really hurting right now. I expect a tight game. Also can't forget what a huge coaching mismatch this is between Harbaugh and Franklin. Sorry, but Franklin is a fraud. Psu can do much better than that guy. He's your Brady Hoke. Great recruiter but horrible in preparation and gameday decisions.

I love the thread over there about O'Brien to Maryland. Franklin_Restores_TheTradition is Bushwood/BODE, by the way. He has a real hard-on for O'Brien.

The general concensus over there is whenever Michigan wins a close game it's because the "referines" made it so and whenever PSU loses a close game it's because the Big Ten hates them and Delaney wants to keep them down. That's it. There's no other explanation to them.

Oh and they also enable pedophiles.

Reactions: ChicagoBlueFan
My annual prayer for this game is that UM wins on some razor-thin call so that McNutties can go apoplectic and lose their minds. There really is no entertainment like it, this side of Roman Bread and Circuses.

The general concensus over there is whenever Michigan wins a close game it's because the "referines" made it so and whenever PSU loses a close game it's because the Big Ten hates them and Delaney wants to keep them down. That's it. There's no other explanation to them.

AGP. The thread about the angles being wrong, thus proving Sandusky innocent, is one the more disturbing things I've ever seen. The whole board was onboard with that one. GKI is one screwed up group.

Like I said, it should be a great game. Try and enjoy two competitive teams going all out to win. As far as Franklin being a fraud, the jury is still out on his game day coaching. He has made some blunders that have cost us, no doubt. These decisions were probably influenced by his position coaches, some I am not fond of.

But, when you look at his coaching record at Vanderbilt, it was pretty amazing. Winning 9 games three years in a row against superior talent in the SEC and going to Bowl Games each year. Something that has not be done in over 50 years at Vandy. However, that one then and he is now in a new conference, so maybe the Big 10 is better than the SEC!

True, but our DL is really hurting right now. I expect a tight game. Also can't forget what a huge coaching mismatch this is between Harbaugh and Franklin. Sorry, but Franklin is a fraud. Psu can do much better than that guy. He's your Brady Hoke. Great recruiter but horrible in preparation and gameday decisions.
LOL he is much better than Hoke.

While complaining about UM fans unfairly characterizing PSU fans' views on Sandusky, we are treated to this gem on BWI:

"And i just find it amusing that a school that had a pedophile work in their medical system for years and owns the unabomber and sent a half conscious player back on the field while pretending no one knew is just a tad hypocritical but such is that board."

AGP. The thread about the angles being wrong, thus proving Sandusky innocent, is one the more disturbing things I've ever seen. The whole board was onboard with that one. GKI is one screwed up group.

First, a small, SMALL minority of people on the McA board believe that Jerry is innocent. MOST believe that Jerry is guilty. What we have been fighting for since November of 2011 is transparency and the truth.

Penn State Alums want the complete and unvarnished truth. That’s not crazy.

It is now 4 years on and we still do not have any answers.

• The PSU admins charged with perjury still have not gone to trial. (why?)

• The University’s Republican Governor appointed, Trustees (old guard) are preventing the alumni elected Trustees from reviewing documents associated with the Sandusky incident AND the Louis Freeh Report. (why?)

• The Paterno Family lawsuit is being delayed and fought by the “old guard”. (why?)

• Why haven’t the appropriate state child welfare agencies ever been investigated?

• Why did the state of PA let the Second Mile dissolve their operations in 2012 and destroy their records without an accompanying investigation?

• Why didn’t the directors of the Second Mile Charity ever report Jerry to the State child welfare agencies when they were informed by PSU admins back in 2001?

• Why did the Second Mile directors give Jerry Sandusky a key to a local hotel pool after they were informed that PSU had taken away Jerry's privileges to use university facilities?
  • Why are state elected officials, state judges, state prosecutors and wealthy corporate business interests as university trustees appointed by the former Governor fighting tooth and nail to prevent the citizens of PA from finding out what actually happened?
If you’re interested in informing yourself:

http://notpsu.blogspot.com/

We want answers!

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
While complaining about UM fans unfairly characterizing PSU fans' views on Sandusky, we are treated to this gem on BWI:

"And i just find it amusing that a school that had a pedophile work in their medical system for years and owns the unabomber and sent a half conscious player back on the field while pretending no one knew is just a tad hypocritical but such is that board."

I don't know who was complaining, or how Sandusky issue became part of the game day discussion, but I do know that the poster you are referring to was, in no uncertain terms, told he was an asshole for posting something about UM that was completely irrelevant to the PSU football board. There is always a minority in all walks of life, including UM board posters, that have to act like jerk offs!

I don't know who was complaining, or how Sandusky issue became part of the game day discussion, but I do know that the poster you are referring to was, in no uncertain terms, told he was an asshole for posting something about UM that was completely irrelevant to the PSU football board. There is always a minority in all walks of life, including UM board posters, that have to act like jerk offs!
Nothing like keeping the house clean PSU20. We've had that as well from time to time.

there are a few good posters over at BWI McAndrew and its an active board. Those are the good things. Unfortunately for them, the overwhelming majority of PSU fans on the internet are characterized by: 1) they always feel as though the refs screw them no matter who the opponent; 2) they believe the B10 is biased against them and hasn't supported them (this would not be true if PSU was competing for conference titles in the B10 imo) and 3) they are incredibly defensive about the Sandusky sex abuse scandal. In short, they've turned into mean-spirited crybabies who blame everybody else for their plight. Sad really because Penn St was once among the national elite and even their most ardent fans must know they are a long ways from that now.

Last edited:
First, a small, SMALL minority of people on the McA board believe that Jerry is innocent. MOST believe that Jerry is guilty.

Mmm, I don't know about that. Any time a thread about Sandusky comes up, I would say a majority of posters are on the free Sandusky train. If it was really a small minority of the board, wouldn't they be shouted down? I mean, it makes the fan base look terrible.

I can't even imagine a scenario where a UM fan would be allowed to post the Sandusky is innocent crap on this board if that happened at Michigan. No way that would fly. Those idiots would be banned immediately, and mocked as soon as they reappeared with new handles. Yet there are longtime PSU posters professing Sandusky's innocence. Why haven't they been run off and ostracized?

michnittlion gets attacked more on BWI than the Sandusky Innocence Project members do. That should tell you something.

Mmm, I don't know about that. Any time a thread about Sandusky comes up, I would say a majority of posters are on the free Sandusky train. If it was really a small minority of the board, wouldn't they be shouted down? I mean, it makes the fan base look terrible.

I can't even imagine a scenario where a UM fan would be allowed to post the Sandusky is innocent crap on this board if that happened at Michigan. No way that would fly. Those idiots would be banned immediately, and mocked as soon as they reappeared with new handles. Yet there are longtime PSU posters professing Sandusky's innocence. Why haven't they been run off and ostracized?

michnittlion gets attacked more on BWI than the Sandusky Innocence Project members do. That should tell you something.
AGP. That small minority seems to generate the majority of the posts, led by cult leader McAndrew.
And enough with the conspiracy crap already. A bizarre and pathetic way to rationalize why Penn St hasn't dominated the B1G like they anticipated doing when they joined

AGP. That small minority seems to generate the majority of the posts, led by cult leader McAndrew.
And enough with the conspiracy crap already. A bizarre and pathetic way to rationalize why Penn St hasn't dominated the B1G like they anticipated doing when they joined
The conspiracy theories are idiotic, if I'm not mistaken PSU received a week off from the league before UM and OSU games for the first couple years in the league.

Again my favorite conspiracy, repeated in the last day on BWI is that the refs must have been in UM's pocket in 99 because PSU had too good of a defense to not get held...this despite UM having two likely future NFL HOFers on offense, and a decade-long starting NFL tackle to boot.

The conspiracy theories are idiotic, if I'm not mistaken PSU received a week off from the league before UM and OSU games for the first couple years in the league.

Again my favorite conspiracy, repeated in the last day on BWI is that the refs must have been in UM's pocket in 99 because PSU had too good of a defense to not get held...this despite UM having two likely future NFL HOFers on offense, and a decade-long starting NFL tackle to boot.
They did get a bye week before the UM game at least the 1st 2 years, if not the the 1st 3. Then about 5 yrs in, UM got a bye the week before. That was a game UM won in OT. Later that that week I was watching a PSU highlights show and the commentators (one may have been Joe's idiot brother) couldn't help mentioning how we benefitted from the week off. It was classic stuff.

they are incredibly defensive about the Sandusky sex abuse scandal.

What you'll find most PSU fans are defensive about when it comes to Jerry Sandusky is when somebody accuses all PSU fans of being "pedophile enablers." Scroll up and you'll see someone on this board has already done just that. The reality is that most of us (me included) never met a single person that was involved in what happened. I'm certain that if you were accused of being a pedophile enabler you'd probably take exception to it, too.

Like I said, it should be a great game. Try and enjoy two competitive teams going all out to win. As far as Franklin being a fraud, the jury is still out on his game day coaching. He has made some blunders that have cost us, no doubt. These decisions were probably influenced by his position coaches, some I am not fond of.

But, when you look at his coaching record at Vanderbilt, it was pretty amazing. Winning 9 games three years in a row against superior talent in the SEC and going to Bowl Games each year. Something that has not be done in over 50 years at Vandy. However, that one then and he is now in a new conference, so maybe the Big 10 is better than the SEC!
When you are quoting his record at Vandy 2 years in at PSU that tells you everything...Vandys big win against GA came with the bulldogs missing 8 defensive starters...impressive

Well, the man still do what no other coach at Vandy did in over 50 years. I'm well aware of GA having numerous starters injured during that signature win, but how about the other 8 wins that year. And, IIRC he had two other seasons with 9 wins with sub-par talent in SEC country. Not saying he is an Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, just stating that he was a pretty good coach at Vandy, No?

What you'll find most PSU fans are defensive about when it comes to Jerry Sandusky is when somebody accuses all PSU fans of being "pedophile enablers." Scroll up and you'll see someone on this board has already done just that. The reality is that most of us (me included) never met a single person that was involved in what happened. I'm certain that if you were accused of being a pedophile enabler you'd probably take exception to it, too.
I've never accused all psu fans as being peds, doubt if they have a larger % than any other college campus. What grinds my butt is the constant complaining about refs being biased and how they should get out of the Big 10. If the fans are so unhappy, screw all the extra money the conf brings in for them and leave, already. Otherwise start working on losing your rep as the whiniest board on the net.

Well, the man still do what no other coach at Vandy did in over 50 years. I'm well aware of GA having numerous starters injured during that signature win, but how about the other 8 wins that year. And, IIRC he had two other seasons with 9 wins with sub-par talent in SEC country. Not saying he is an Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, just stating that he was a pretty good coach at Vandy, No?
Meh.... And that's after seeing the rest of the resume ..recruits well...poses for photos holding a "were number one!" well...coaching? Meh...

Meh.... And that's after seeing the rest of the resume ..recruits well...poses for photos holding a "were number one!" well...coaching? Meh...
Won more than any other coach in over 50 years at Vandy, in the SEC against superior talent, I'm not a big Franklin fan yet, just putting his record out there. What is so difficult to comprehend?

Won more than any other coach in over 50 years at Vandy, in the SEC against superior talent, I'm not a big Franklin fan yet, just putting his record out there. What is so difficult to comprehend?
Honest question, were his victories really that impressive? Thought I saw a post about the teams he played having terrible records. On the surface, yes it was impressive. But looking deeper it's less so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT