ADVERTISEMENT

Overall reactions from a couch coach

schemy

All-League
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2001
• we have an awesome coaching staff now. We had answers, as did they. But still feel we out coached them. Mac was awesome. We gave up passes and yards but when we needed to we stiffened. Very few huge runs after catches - and when they did have a big catch it was contest. Moore, Jay, Clinksdale have also done a wonderful job. And Jim has done a masterful job implementing his new vision of winning offensive football. That was beautiful to watch. Credit to Gattis too for being willing to learn and mesh. This style we have now could just win a national championship.
• whenever JJ comes in (interesting always with Corum) I find myself wanting him to stay. But then Cade throws a dart. Hard to argue with cosches. Seems we have even more to unleash on offense. But man, having that running threat at QB sure caused them so trouble.
• loved Steuber’s game today. And his fire…looking back at coaches and begging for more runs? Awesome.
• H2 is one of our greatest all time. Simple as that. He runs like he’s as big a fan as all of us! You can tell he loves his team and this place. Again, Hart has done an amazing job with those guys. I love when H2 took the hand off, hesitated, and then followed lineman for that big first down. And then how our guys are always looking to push the pile…just awesome. It is the syrum for the so called ‘modern day football.’ String defense. Dominant run game. And how many negative plays did we have? I don’t know for sure but that is a huge advantage we have this year (minus motion penalties)
• Andrel missed that deep ball - but he’s gonna be awesome. Love watching him out there
• great game by Giles. Just fast enough for 2 HUGE plays he was a difference maker. We don’t need tons of 5 stars to beat rhese
• huge play by Ross. So so glad for him. Did anyone see us substituting him on 3rd and longs? Not sure I’ve seen that yet.
• the ball skills, in that weather especially, Cade demonstrated on the fake throw-hand off to Jackson was awesome.
• did anyone else sense OSU being tight and nervous from the get-go? And they had 2 possessions in the 1st quarter. Great start to the game.
• how many of our starters on D will be in NFL a long time? I count 3…maybe 4. And look what we just did. Again, that’s great coaching and evidence of a winning system in place.
• Vincent, Brad, Dax etc played their tales off. Turner too. We just beat a team with an amazing passing game and QB
• I know we gotta win in Indy 1st…but hell who can we simply not beat? And then just think about what all of us were predicting before the season??? And JH took a pay cut…was laughed at…hired new guys and said goodbye to old friends…and still tries amd run the program like Bo would. Cannot be happier for that man and these boys.
On to Indy
(And let’s keep this staff together)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News