ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Peloton Effect (a little long)

CBowlin

Senior
Jul 4, 2001
Well, boys and girls. The Peloton arrived yesterday when my wife and I had meetings. We were jockeying to see who would get in the first ride. I heard her talking to her boss about cancelling the meeting and she made up some BS whiny excuse just to be the first one to ride. While they were still talking, I moved my meeting to my phone and proceeded to get on the bike not knowing how to get those funky shoes to fit on the pedals. Well, I slipped and busted my shins on the pedals. But, still I manned up and completed the first ride and felt great. And then went back to my meetings and let my wife get in the second ride.

This expensive little bike brought out a competitive streak I had never seen before in my wife. She did two rides. Of course, I got back on when she went to get groceries to outdo her. She FREAKING texted me when I finished(FROM THE DAMN STORE!) yelling at me why I wasn’t watching our 8 year old son downstairs! She didn’t really care that Brock was downstairs playing MindCraft as much as the fact that I beat her totals. Of course she got back on last night.

Now, here I am typing this and my arse hurts(I think it’s bruised)from that damn upgraded seat. But I’ll be damned if I am going to let her beat me two days in a row. Good thing we‘re not wanting any more kids as I am sure this bike, and my competitive spirit, will kill the ole testicles.

anyone else have similar experience with these workout bikes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News