ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Said goodbye to our dog tonight

pyc

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2001
I know a few of you have gone through the same experience. We put our dog Cody down tonight - it was as tough as I imagined it might be, especially for my wife. We got him at the SPCA when we were recently married and childless - he was our first boy. Aussie shepherd mix, 52 lbs when we adopted him and grew to 90 lbs. Terrific with our kids and my wife's constant companion. I watched a lot of Michigan football games with him. He lived a long life for a big dog - was probably 14 yrs old and had a great quality of life until very recently. Starting around August, his arthritic hips got really stiff and he went downhill quickly after that. He was in a lot of pain for the past month and couldn't get up by himself. What made it so tough is he was mentally still sharp.

We thought about doing it last week but the vet said he could enjoy one last weekend with him. I was really looking forward to watching a nice relaxing victory over Indiana... but I'll always remember that game as the last one we watched together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News