ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pick-Up Basketball Questions

UMAlum21

Senior
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2008
I'm planning a return to pick-up basketball in the next few months after about a decade long lay-off. I figured this might be a good place to ask a couple of dumb questions about what has potentially changed during my absence so I can be prepared. I'm thinking like YMCA/ college rec center level competition here.

- Both the NBA and FIBA have essentially added another allowable step to the travel rule in recent years, while the NCAA/HS rules have stayed the same. Has the change in NBA/FIBA rules had any impact on how people call it in pick-up games, and if so, is this largely age/demographic dependent?

- Everybody shoots 3's now. Do you find it to be more common for people to play all 1's or a combo of 1/2's in view of the advance in outside shooting? I could see the impact going either way.

- Lots of moves like the Euro-step and the step-back have become more popular in very recent history. Do you see older players picking up these moves as time goes on, or is it mostly younger players bringing these moves to the game while older players stick to their traditional games?

Reactions: sharprza
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News