ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MSU Names Captains

Ben_Szilagy

All-League
Gold Member
Feb 16, 2009

As you can see, MSU named its captains. Jacoby Windmon being a captain makes it really hard to digest. Granted he may have completed some counseling or whatever to get back to be reinstated, but that's never been addressed by Tucker, MSU or Windmon from what I can gather. His teammates don't address it either. Just that they checked on him while he was suspended and that he was generally in good spirits.

You'd like to give the program the benefit of the doubt, but again its hard given its past. Its past like Glenn Winston getting to play against Michigan because he was let out of prison (for assaulting classmates and other athletes) due to over crowding. That was it. Also he never really sounds apologetic from what happened.

Here's some quotes from a story posted last week:

“It just all pretty much happened fast,” said Windmon, who decided in December to bypass turning pro to return to the Spartans for his fifth season. “It's life; things happen in life. I'm a firm believer in that everybody goes through some type of adversity, it's just really how you bounce from it.

“It just was very unfortunate. I've sent my apologies to the school down the road (are you ****ing kidding me. If you're sincere you'd say Michigan, but whatever). But at the end of the day, we're here for this season. I just look forward to this season, and I'm focused on the now.”

“I would never say it's behind me, because it's something I have to live with for the rest of my life,” Windmon said. “And it's something that I take serious, so I can learn from it as I did and grow from it.”

this was his comments immediately after the incident:

“It's just a violent game, just playing football,” he said in October. “It's a rivalry game. You know there's gonna be a lot of talking back and forth. But from our side, it wasn't too much talking, just a lot of playing football and pads popping. And that was it.”

Just unbelievable how this kid is a captain, to me at least.

Reactions: alibaba
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News