ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Louis Mueller Barbeque In Taylor, Texas

MHoops1

Heisman
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
So we went to Austin to witness our son's graduation from law school at UT last Saturday. We arrived on Wednesday, and the next day, my wife, my son and myself trekked about 40 miles to Louis Mueller Barbeque, a place I had ironically heard about in Ann Arbor when we were there for the Michigan-SMU football game in 2018. I've had a lot of Texas barbeque since Mike (our son) started undergrad at UT 10 years ago (he worked 3 years after college before attending law school)--in Austin, Dallas (where I attended a conference), and San Antonio--and it's truly great, but most places serve the same meats (brisket, sausage, pork ribs, turkey, pulled pork) and while everyone has his/her favorite(s), IMO, the difference between them often isn't all that significant. Then we got to Louis Mueller and ordered their 2 pound "Dino" beef ribs. Life changing. The other stuff at Mueller (brisket, jalapeno sausage, turkey) was good as well if, for some bizarre reason, you like meat but are not into beef ribs, but the beef rib is sublime. We brought some home to Mike's girlfriend who had been working while we were in Taylor--her reaction on taking her first bite was almost unnerving.

If you're in Austin, make the trip! It's not cheap, but it's well worth it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News