ADVERTISEMENT

OT: just got rear ended by someone texting a rant.

thedude2403

Heisman
Gold Member
Feb 14, 2013
Albuquerque NM
What the hell is wrong with people. My two year old son and I were stopped at a red light on the way home from his swim class and rear ended by a kid in a commercial GMC work van. Mind you I drive a black Ram 2500 so hard to miss. He got me to move my truck up about 4-5 feet from a dead stop. So I’m already pissed that my son was in the car and tell him to pull into the gas station at the light so we can exchange information. I ask him what happened to see his story and this is what he tells me. “ I was looking at a car next to me to see if they wanted to get in”. I said that makes no sense since you weren’t slowing down and how are you gonna let him in at the light by not slowing down? He said ok I was texting. I told him that made more sense and asked for his driver’s license and insurance. He’s an eighteen year old kid so I didn’t want to do a police report and was gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. Surprise he can’t produce a driver’s license or insurance and said he forgot his wallet. I said we’ll have a parent send you the number and what’s your name. He goes and makes a call and after fifteen minutes his dad shows up and gives me his license and asks for me to say he was driving. At this point I’m like I have to make a report if you aren’t gonna give me the drivers info. While waiting for the sheriff to show up the dad gets on the phone and next thing I know theee trucks from his construction site show up with about 6 dudes trying to intimidate me. Luckily due to my profession as well as when not working my CCL I’m always armed. I made my holster visible as said the sheriffs are on the way to make the report and his buddies leave. The sherif gets there and the kid had his license the whole time but wasn’t insured on the vehicle. The sheriff asked the kid why he didn’t show me his license and why they had guys try to come scare me. They of course denied this, luckily the gas station employee was on his break smoking a cigarette and saw the whole thing. My back is killing me now and I have to take my truck in tomorrow, but luckily my son is ok which is most important. However why the hell couldnt the kid be honest from the beginning and why do these kids have to text and drive. And what the hell did the dad think he was gonna accomplish by calling his buddies. Moral of the story tell your kids not to text and drive. Rant over sorry needed to get that off my chest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News