ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I'm in the market for new golf clubs...

nickespitia

Michigan Man
Oct 24, 2005
and I thought I'd solicit suggestions from the board. I'm pretty terrible. Right now I'm averaging just under 60 per 9 in my golf league. I'm ok off the tee box and fairway but really struggle with my chipping. I have a lot of mishits so I'm looking for a set of irons that is pretty forgiving. Based on the research that I've done thus far I think I'm looking for a max-improvement set of irons. I'd like to keep the cost under $800. Right now I'm playing with my step dad's old set of warrior clubs. They aren't great and weren't fit for me, but they were nicer than my set (a $150 special from MC sports). This will be my first set of "nice clubs" and even though I know they won't fix all of the issues I'm hoping they can help. As I mention above I've been doing a little bit of research and narrowed it down to a list of clubs to try. They are 1) Ping Kersten, 2) Wilson staff D200, 3) Cleveland CG black, 4) Adams Idea Tech, and 5) Callaway big bertha. Does anyone have any experience with these clubs? Any advice on the new club process in general? I'm never going to be a great golfer and don't have the time to dedicate to really improve my game. I'd just like to suck a little less haha. Thanks in advance!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News