ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chest pain

The BiggerHouse

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 13, 2009
Long story but about 3 weeks ago on vacation I woke up with discomfort in my chest like I pulled a muscle. I was throwing kids in pool and played golf for the first time in a year. The discomfort eventually went away. I have been doing a lot of yard work lately lifting and pulling heavy things behind me with arms out back. Fast forward to yesterday and mild to severe chest pain came back. I also had some tendons/muscles that were sore in my upper back. I could press on them to relieve the back pain but the chest pain was still present.

Today, it was still present. Reading online it was recommended to seek help immediately. It freaked me out and I headed into urgent care. I dislike going to the doctor. They immediately got me in and my vitals were extremely high (136 pulse rate and 198/98 blood pressure) but oxygen levels perfect. So they performed EKG and it came back 100% normal. Doctor said I am likely suffering from chest wall pain and gave me an anti-inflammatory shot in my ass. It definitely helped ease the chest pain within 30 min to an hour.

However, I'm still experiencing discomfort in my chest but much less than before. Instructions say not to worry unless it gets worse, which it hasn't or if new symptoms arise...none so far.

Am I over analyzing this and let my chest muscles rest? Or is there something else? No gallbladder symptoms either. I've tried treatment earlier in day for heartburn which didn't help. Oh, by the way my vitals returned to normal after they said I wasn't having a heart attack before discharge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News