ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Black Crowes

Djuan2

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2014
Always wonder what others think of the Black Crowes. I have probably seen them 10 times, if not more, live. I love southern rock and have loved the Crowes from day 1.

They are a strange band though. Their first two albums are just fantastic. Thorn in my pride off of their 2nd album, just wow.

But then they went through a real funk where they stopped jamming. Their live shows got tough, with Chris doing way too much on the mic.

This was around the War Paint album time. I caught word they were going back to grass roots, jamming, grabbed some tickets to see them at the Roxy right around Xmas time in the mid 90’s. Just a magical show. They jammed so amazingly at that show. Too 2-3 shows I have ever seen.

They then released Amorica which I think is a highly under rated album. Some really good song writing on that album.

It’s a shame they kind of been hit or miss. The brothers hate each other, and the original guys are done with Chris.

They are touring this year, Chris and Rich but none of the other guys. I will still go see them but what a waste. They had such a great sound.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News