ADVERTISEMENT

OT (and non-Covid related!). Follow up on travel recommendations . . .

92Wolv

Heisman
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2001
About a month ago, I was asking for travel recommendations. I'm a 50 year old winding down/selling a law practice who has decided he wants to go see a bit of the world. After listening to great insight here and doing research, I've decided that my first two travel destinations should be Africa and Italy. Although Africa is number 1 on my list (I want to go to Kenya and Tanzania (safari), Uganda (mountain gorilla trekking), Zimbabwe (Victoria Falls and rafting) and South Africa (Cape Town), I think I will have to put that off until Africa has a better grip on dealing with Covid (sorry about the Covid reference but I don't want my visit to be impacted by dealing with extensive Covid safety protocol and worries).

In Italy, I'd like to go to the Amalfi Coast, Rome, and the lakes region (Como) . . . and possibly Tuscany/Cinque Terre. I know that's a lot but I'd like to fit in as much as possible (I'd be willing to go as long as 2 weeks). The following is important to me:

- Trip should be active. I work out regularly and don't want to be sitting around (especially given that I'm sure I'll be doing plenty of eating). I'd like a fair amount of somewhat strenuous hiking and other outdoor activities.
- I don't want to be with mostly people who are a lot older than me. I'd like to be with people between 30-60. But I do want to be with other people - especially ones who also want to be active.
- Accommodations don't have to be luxury but I want them to be nice. I'd say my budget would be $900/day or less.

So can anyone recommend tour companies or travel companies to help plan this? Any must do activities?

I'm hoping to plan something by October if possible.

Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News