ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon versus Utah...Michigan out played but lost to a very good team

tarun262

All-League
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2007
or Oregon is just not that good a team. I know there were posts about how Oregon was as good as last year by a bunch of MSU posters. Oregon is getting smashed at home - they might very well win the game but giving up 41 points to Utah at home? Either that or Utah is just really that good. Michigan State might be a very good team and not taking away their win against Oregon but just saying your win was not that impressive.

Right now Ole Miss has the claim as really the best team in the nation based purely on performance on the field. I think the parity amongst the top teams in college football is very good.

Based on what I have seen this weekend - the best teams in the country through the first 4 weeks are:
  1. Ole Miss
  2. Baylor
  3. LSU
  4. Utah (yes the Utes)
  5. Michigan State
  6. Ohio State
  7. Northwestern (I could argue them being ahead of OSU/MSU right now)
  8. Notre Dame
  9. TCU
  10. Georgia
I am sure State and OSU fans are probably having a fit - but remember this is just my opinion. OSU has looked very pedestrian since spanking VTech. MSU's win against Oregon seems very average right now as they are down by 35 at home to Utah. TCU has zero defense, they will get beat. Notre Dame just seems to have the luck of the Irish on their side. LSU & Ole Miss look like the true real deals right now.

Also, Michigan completely outplayed Utah on the road - a very good Utah team that is shutting down the most potent offense in the nation. It really gives me hope that perhaps this Michigan team might actually be the real deal.

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
Let me correct myself - the so called AMAZING Oregon team (per the MSU posters here) is losing by 42 at home. That's FOURTY TWO. Oregon is terrible. They will lose 3-4 games this year.

Based on what I have seen this weekend - the best teams in the country through the first 4 weeks are:
  1. Ole Miss
  2. Baylor
  3. LSU
  4. Utah (yes the Utes)
  5. Michigan State
  6. Ohio State
  8. Notre Dame
  9. TCU
  10. Georgia
I am sure State and OSU fans are probably having a fit - but remember this is just my opinion. OSU has looked very pedestrian since spanking VTech. MSU's win against Oregon seems very average right now as they are down by 35 at home to Utah. TCU has zero defense, they will get beat. Notre Dame just seems to have the luck of the Irish on their side. LSU & Ole Miss look like the true real deals right now.

Also, Michigan completely outplayed Utah on the road - a very good Utah team that is shutting down the most potent offense in the nation. It really gives me hope that perhaps this Michigan team might actually be the real deal.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, so,you should put NU ahead of MSU and OSU because it will make you feel better. As far as this OSU fan having fits? Nope. The defense is playing great. The offense is playing inconsistent but still winning games like 38-0 in a poorly played game, and in another average performance yesterday put up +500 yards of offense. The talent is there and the biggest threat to the Buckeyes is themselves. I'm glad that they are not peaking now but will instead have a chance to keep picking up momentum so they can peak at the end of the season.

I'm glad Michigan is looking better. If the Wolverines and PSU starts playing up to par then we don't have to hear about the Buckeye schedule. As I say to those haters from other conferences who gripe about OSU's schedule, don't blame the Buckeyes, blame the other teams in the conference that aren't winning like they should.

1. Ole Miss
  2. Baylor
  3. LSU
  4. Utah (yes the Utes)
  5. Michigan State
  6. Ohio State
  8. Notre Dame
  9. TCU
  10. Georgia

Both MSU and dOSU would eat Baylor's lunch. Georgia is way too low and ND is better than NU.

At least you wear your hate on your sleeve. ;)

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, so,you should put NU ahead of MSU and OSU because it will make you feel better. As far as this OSU fan having fits? Nope. The defense is playing great. The offense is playing inconsistent but still winning games like 38-0 in a poorly played game, and in another average performance yesterday put up +500 yards of offense. The talent is there and the biggest threat to the Buckeyes is themselves. I'm glad that they are not peaking now but will instead have a chance to keep picking up momentum so they can peak at the end of the season.

I'm glad Michigan is looking better. If the Wolverines and PSU starts playing up to par then we don't have to hear about the Buckeye schedule. As I say to those haters from other conferences who gripe about OSU's schedule, don't blame the Buckeyes, blame the other teams in the conference that aren't winning like they should.

With the schedule OSU has played so far, they should have won every game 38-0. Urban better stop scheduling teams like NIU in the future.

If every team started out unranked you are telling me you woudl not rank NW ahead of OSU??? They have beaten 2 ranked teams versus zero for OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT