ADVERTISEMENT

On this Memorial Day, which many know is hard for me, I challenge you to reach out.

thedude2403

Heisman
Gold Member
Feb 14, 2013
Albuquerque NM
To a veteran you know who may suffer from PTSD, depression and other combat traumas. A lot of you have taken the time to get to know me and I consider friends and you know how hard this day is for me and other military personnel and veterans who have lost friends and loved ones overseas. A little background on me I joined the army damn near two decades ago and worked from being a scout up to the special operations side of things and I still work with the government in a capacity. I myself struggled with depression and ptsd after a couple of rough deployments in a row. Unfortunately for many of us the losing of our friends doesn’t stop overseas and we have a veteran commit suicide every 22 seconds. Days like this are harder on those who have deployed and lost those love ones and best friends overseas, hell my back is covered in memorial tattoos for some that I hold dear and lost myself. This day is to honor all of those who gave that sacrifice, and I ask you to think about those who lost some of who they are and may be struggling as well. So my challenge for you is to reach out to a veteran you know and just see how they are doing or tell them you care. You never know even if they aren’t showing they are struggling they may be and you could be the person who keeps them from being the next 22 seconds. Please, please, please do not turn this political.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News