ADVERTISEMENT

Ok let's football, is Michigan going to have a fast offense in 2015?

Dewolverine

All-League
Jun 4, 2001
The reason I ask is the whole two tight end thing. I don't know why I feel Coach Harbaugh's offense is going to be the old three yards and a cloud of dust. I hope not!

power based football will always be here. but 3 yards and a cloud of dust hasnt been used for 30-40 years. there are alot of different ways to win. you need two main things, a coach who has a system he totally believes in and the physical motivated athletes to carry it out. michigan will have those things.

Re: Ok let's football, is Michigan going to have a fast offense in 20

Depends on how you define "fast." I seriously doubt we'll be doing a lot of hurry up offense. Harbaugh will have interesting wrinkles in every game that will peak your interest. I watched Stanford overpower Oregon a couple seasons ago and remember thinking "I didn't realize how interesting power running could be." The more Stanford will their way to the goal line, the more I could see Oregon losing spirit. It was a beautiful thing to watch. If JH can win that way, he will. If not, he'll use Sun Tzu tactics to gain an advantage. If you're interested in the strategy of the game, prepare to be amazed.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

If you are wondering if we will be an Oregon or Baylor - the answer is no! JH will go for ball control, balanced attack, and bias towards being able to run the ball. If you have watched him over the past 7 years, JH is a master at figuring out how to run the ball regardless of what kind of defense you have and I expect he will have that figured out. Furthermore, JH also wants a mobile QB - Kapernick and Luck! Luck ran for almost 1000 yards in college - that's more then Henne, Brady, Navarre, Greise, & Collins combined :)

If you want to draw a parallel from other teams in the BIG - look at MSU - perhaps the most balanced attack team that can run and pass when necessary. JH is a master at finding creases for the RBs. Someone else said so on this thread - nothing is more demoralizing to a defense then having the ball run on you.

I expect Year 1 may be a struggle - new offense, new QB, new system. I think 2016 will be the telling year - our line will be full of seniors, senior TE, senior QB, Senior/Junior RBs, Senior/Junior WRs...we will have a lot of game experience and a year under our belt as well.

Three yards and a cloud of dust wasn't meant literally. Just can't get that thought of Stanford's offense out of my head (it seemed boring at times). Just hope the wideouts gets some action, and I was wondering if our passing attack will be a threat. I love the run game but I like seeing Michigan attack, not just playing the clock.

This post was edited on 2/11 6:45 AM by Dewolverine

It won't be 3 yards and a cloud of dust, but look at Stanford's offense when he was there, it will be very similar. It won't be a spread or uptempo offense, that's just not in his DNA.

I hope we bore our way to 15-0 next season. I will take a yawner of a game every game as long as we win.

Amen to that.
I agree with what you said about JHs QBs. Gentry really seems like the typical Harbaugh qb, especially since he is so big but very mobile also. It'll be cool to see him run the ball and run over DBs, if he gets the starting job.

Granted running up the middle is always special. Just want to have a well rounded game, and NOT one dimensional (granted I mean for 2015). 2016 I don't see the game plan being as such.

It's still nice to know what type of offense they will be executing, not trying to figure it out for a whole season.

This post was edited on 2/11 3:59 PM by Dewolverine

Go YT footage from his last 2 seasons at Stanford. Granted he had a very special special QB but he had a great game plan. I hope we win 15 games next season by a score of 3-0 :) I think we will be better then you think - it does depend on the QB play though - if we start a Freshman, then growing pains might run deep. If Morris is good enough to start - I predict 11 wins :)

I don't expect Michigan to be bad, shoot I expect everyone on the schedule to say Uh OOOOh watch out! Just want them to look very good doing it ( that's important to the committee). Explosive is what I want, but just winning is the goal.

The BIG or Big10 hasn't been three yards and a cloud of dust since the early eighties at the latest. Fans of other conferences are either ignorant or it's meant as an insult. If the BIG is thee yards and a cloud of dust then what about Alabama? A balanced offense with a strong defense is usually the successful game plan.

I agree with Tarun. I want to maul and deliberately punish

the other teams . I want them to say 'ouch' when they go back into the showers and that water hits their bruises .And NO JoePa jokes about the ouch , please. God Bless and Go Blue "74

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT