ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State Legit?

Athletes, Athletes, Athletes and arguably the best college football coach right now and certainly right there with Saban. The Bucks will pull this one out folks. Speed speed speed speed speed!!!!!! Alabama and OSU are the best two best teams in the nation this year. The Tide, however, are much better than the Bucks right now. The Bucks will be undefeated when UM rolls into Columbus. Michigan, however, probably won't be because of their offense. The offense has several weapons but I just don't have much confidence in Speight folks.

Michigan is the best team in the country...when someone beats them, I will may change my mind. That day isn't today though.

That's just it. You have to shut down the running game and even then, OSU has a good receiver corps. The question you need to ask is is Michigan up to the task of shutting down OSU potent ground game? That remains to be seen

I think so,,, I also think Jabrill is gonna spy JT & take his top off. With our corners we can commit to stopping the run. We were better in the trenches than Wisky which based on what I saw last night means were at worst as good as OSU if not better. IMO that game is very winnable.

SCfanblue, your assessment of Speight is partially correct, he really does need to continue stepping up his game and, if our coaching staff is as outstanding at QB development as I think they are, that will happen.

However, your comments about him being a statue are misguided at best. He is an above average, if not very good passer while moving around the pocket. Again and again this year I've been very impressed at his ability to either pass to second and third options while on the move or throw it long, like he did with Chesson in our last game. I think he has some of the best, keep-looking-downfield skills that I've seen in a long time in a UM QB. He is not going to win any races, so he definitely has limited running ability, but he is very good at feeling pressure and getting rid of the ball.

SCfanblue, your assessment of Speight is partially correct, he really does need to continue stepping up his game and, if our coaching staff is as outstanding at QB development as I think they are, that will happen.

However, your comments about him being a statue are misguided at best. He is an above average, if not very good passer while moving around the pocket. Again and again this year I've been very impressed at his ability to either pass to second and third options while on the move or throw it long, like he did with Chesson in our last game. I think he has some of the best, keep-looking-downfield skills that I've seen in a long time in a UM QB. He is not going to win any races, so he definitely has limited running ability, but he is very good at feeling pressure and getting rid of the ball.

Aside from occasional bouts of inaccuracy his only other issue is getting rid of the ball when the defense has the play defended. Don't take sacks if you can chuck out of bounds, etc..

Michigan is the best team in the country...when someone beats them, I will may change my mind. That day isn't today though.

Ohio State is legit. Even if they don't win the conference I have to say they have fielded an excellent team following heavy graduation, early departures.

Michigan will have to play extremely well - esp. on D - to win at C-Bus.

Go Blue. Always.

Ohio State is legit. Even if they don't win the conference I have to say they have fielded an excellent team following heavy graduation, early departures.

Michigan will have to play extremely well - esp. on D - to win at C-Bus.

Go Blue. Always.

No doubt that's true. But OSU looks mortal the last couple weeks. If Speight protects the ball and can make a few nice throws, I like Michigan's chances a lot. The defense really seems to be improving week to week as they learn Brown's system.

We will find out pretty soon. No matter what anybody thinks or says on here, the game in East Lansing will be super tough next Saturday. No way will they lay down for Michigan. It will be a close game as a rivalry should be.

We will find out pretty soon. No matter what anybody thinks or says on here, the game in East Lansing will be super tough next Saturday. No way will they lay down for Michigan. It will be a close game as a rivalry should be.

They won't lay down, but Michigan has way more talent at every spot on the field.

If the game is close, that means Michigan didn't show up to play. I have a hard time thinking that would be the case.

MSU is not going to all of a sudden turn into a good team next week. It would take a complete self-inflicted meltdown for Michigan to lose.

It's not always about talent - it's about how you perform as a team on that given day on the field. If it was purely about talent, then we would just have preseason rankings and be done with college football and hand out awards in August. Team chemistry, etc all play into consideration.

Michigan is playing at as high a level of football as any team in the country - and MSU is on the other end of the spectrum. Talent vise and scheme vise, Michigan does have an advantage across the board - I would say Malik is a stud and their RBs might be on par with ours potentially. Michigan had some meltdowns in the first quarter against Colorado and some blunders and luck against Wisconsin that could have gone the other way, but if Michigan plays a complete game like they have been all season, I see no reason why this game is even close. I expect Sparty will be "inspired to play" their best game of the season. Whether or not that translates to anything on the field remains to be seen.

I'll put it this way - I am 99% certain Michigan will beat Illinois - there is always a 1% chance something bizzare could happen. I was 99% certain we would beat Rutgers, Hawaii, and USF as well. I am probably as cautious about MSU as I was about Colorado - still greater then 50% but it's not like MSU has terrible players all of a sudden or Dantonio forgot to coach. I personally think we win but it will be a well fought 4 quarter game.

Having said all of that...I hope I am wrong and I hope we see Shane Morris and O'Korn and our 2nd stringers in the 4th quarter because we are up by 30+ points. Nothing would satisfy me more and I will feverishly be texting all my Sparty friends who constantly remind me of the recent history between our school.

I'm gonna ask this question one more time,LMAO...are they Legit?

I think they're legit. But tonight was the first time they honestly looked young. Which they are. The OL really didn't look good at all in the 2nd half.

I have no idea why OSU doesn't utilize Noah Brown more. Kind of crazy.

The same thing can happen to us next Saturday in East Lansing but I do not think Harbaugh nor the players will let that happen. Michigan is the only team that can play with Alabama this year because of their DL. Clemson can't this year and may lose at FSU Saturday night.

The same thing can happen to us next Saturday in East Lansing but I do not think Harbaugh nor the players will let that happen.

PSU was 4-2 entering last night and other than their loss to us, had looked like a respectable team. I don't think we can say that about Sparty at the moment. Also, the game is at noon and the crowd will feature a ton of Michigan fans.

PSU was 4-2 entering last night and other than their loss to us, had looked like a respectable team. I don't think we can say that about Sparty at the moment. Also, the game is at noon and the crowd will feature a ton of Michigan fans.
I honestly think MSU has rented space in a fair number of UM fans heads. Cook is gone, so is Narduzzi, as is Burbridge, etc. this is an easily beatable MSU team, only UM will best themselves this Sat. Bulliten boards and Mike Hart will not save Mike D and his hapless crew.

Reactions: 57varieties
I honestly think MSU has rented space in a fair number of UM fans heads. Cook is gone, so is Narduzzi, as is Burbridge, etc. this is an easily beatable MSU team, only UM will best themselves this Sat. Bulliten boards and Mike Hart will not save Mike D and his hapless crew.

Amen.. We gotta stop looking at the team names and jerseys. Look at the actual offensive and defensive units. Look at the game film. Look at the stats. Aside from Michigan stinking up the joint there's no way MSU beats us next week. We should win by at least 21 & I hope we drop 50 on em.

Has Dantonio ever got into a pissing contest with Harbaugh? If there is bad blood between them...

That might mean something. Ask Ash.

I don't think anything has happened between Dantonio and Harbaugh specifically but 2 things....

1> I don't think there needs to any direct issue between them.. the MSU on their uniform is enough
2> I wonder if Dantonio throwing shots like "Some programs are selling hope, we're selling results"...is gonna bite him in the backside...

I see a 50 piece coming Saturday.... lol

Last edited:
I don't think anything has happened between Dantonio and Harbaugh specifically but 2 things....

1> I don't think there needs to any direct issue between them.. the MSU on their uniform is enough
2> I wonder if Dantonio throwing shots like "Some programs are selling hope, we're selling results"...is gonna bite him in the backside...

Ha! He did say that didn't he.
Wonder if he knew he'd be selling losing results.

I guess I'm just a simple man, because if MSU or anyone has 5 losses...you are not a legitimate contender for anything.
If you are undefeated and expected to win the B1G because you're just clearly playing on another level, like Ohio State...and then lose to a un-ranked team that was not expected to do a lot and isn't even a rivalry game...you are not a legitimate contender for CFP or B1G championship...you are just another good team that has some issues to iron out.
MSU will take 2 more losses at a minimum...and Ohio State will take one more at the hands of our beloved Wolverines...that's what their performance has shown to date

Reactions: 57varieties

Guarenteed JH remembers MD's little shot across the bow this summer. "Pride comes before the fall," I wonder where Mike D's Bible concordance takes him after this week?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT