ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State is sending a message to run up the score

detroitjohn

All-American
Dec 20, 2001
West Detroit
Michigan was out toughed, now they want to give them 365 days of psychological damage. I don't blame them, the only thing OSU has done to piss me off in this game has been to laugh about driving Rudock into the ground.

Quit making it personal... it is ALL about recruiting at this point.
So Bosa driving a QB into the ground and assistants laughing about it on the sideline is about recruiting, add thinking along with reading comprehension to your 2016 personal goals.

Would that be a little like the fans booing when McMillan was hurt and had to be carried off? Real classy.

Reactions: ohio1980
Do you understand why they were booing dumbass? They thought OSU was faking it to try and get extra time with no timeouts.
"They THOUGHT OSU was faking it." They were wrong. He was hurt and to limp off the field. And then, defying all logic, you are saying Ohio State would pick someone who is considered to be the top linebacker in the nation to fake an injury and then have to sit for a play. Yeah... that makes a lot of sense.Your brethren are as ignorant as you. Trying to justify booing a top college player who was obviously hurt. Only in Ann Arbor would that happen. Like I said... real classy.

Reactions: ohio1980
Nope, read again klemman to get some context or quote whoever the hell you're responding to or just shut your pie hole.

Sorry, I read the title of your thread , "OSU is sending a message to run up the score" and I thought it would be about trying to run up the score.

Oh, please. Another "guarantee?" Don't you ever get tired of trying to guarantee something you have no hand in actually doing???
So when you say something like, "I hope our team gets into the playoffs this season." does someone get in your face and tell you you don't own the team?

Jesus, what a horse's ass you are.

So when you say something like, "I hope our team gets into the playoffs this season." does someone get in your face and tell you you don't own the team?

Jesus, what a horse's ass you are.
I'm tired of pointing your last cogent point out to opposing fans on this board.

OSU has scored 42 points in each of the past three games between the two teams. Which game are you referring to with 'running up the score'?

Or if I misread the title and this thread is about faking an injury to get a time out, then forget what I posted above. It's considered good strategy to have your leading tackler take himself out of the game at a critical time. Teams do it all the time!!

OSU has scored 42 points in each of the past three games between the two teams. Which game are you referring to with 'running up the score'?

Or if I misread the title and this thread is about faking an injury to get a time out, then forget what I posted above. It's considered good strategy to have your leading tackler take himself out of the game at a critical time. Teams do it all the time!!
More proof that Buckeyes are really that stupid...yes all the fans knew this was their leading tackler, that's why they booed...why waste the time on Bucks that cannot think or read?

Last edited:
good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you.jpg

Just Curious, and I am not meaning to troll, but what is the difference between Meyer throwing in the 4th up big and Harbaugh going for two when he is up 30 against Rutgers???

Just Curious, and I am not meaning to troll, but what is the difference between Meyer throwing in the 4th up big and Harbaugh going for two when he is up 30 against Rutgers???

The Rutgers player's were mocking UM player's going up the tunnel at halftime. Harbaugh took offense to that and took the opportunity to shove it up their rear ends.
Meyer, on the other hand, had no excuse.

The Rutgers player's were mocking UM player's going up the tunnel at halftime. Harbaugh took offense to that and took the opportunity to shove it up their rear ends.
Meyer, on the other hand, had no excuse.

Lol. So your take is that the Michigan fans booed OSU's injured player out of respect for his accomplishments on the field, and Harbaugh was justified in running up the score because his feeling were hurt when some Rutgers players were mean,verbally, to the Wolverine players?

I'm giving you a chance to reconsider, or do you stand by the ludicrous arguments?

What a bunch of Pussies you guys are. You are complaining that OSU ran up the score? Seriously? OSU barely threw the ball all game and did not throw it at all the last 10 minutes or so. I am sorry OSU was ripping off 7-8 yards a run. I guess Urban should have told Zeke and JT just to fall down after a yard regardless of where the defenders were.

OSU wants to make the CFP. With the loss last week to MSU the chances are remote but still exist. The more impressively they beat UM the better their slim chances are. That is why the starters played until the last few minutes. No other reason.

Reactions: GO!Bucks
Coaches have long memories. Slights and being disrespected are not forgotten and there is usually a payback somewhere along the line. Whether it is the stake at MSU, Sparty sticking the spear in the ND logo, or Woody going for two against U of M they all pay for their behavior. If Harbaugh thinks they had the score run up on them, he will make his point and look for a time to pay them back.

Coaches have long memories. Slights and being disrespected are not forgotten and there is usually a payback somewhere along the line. Whether it is the stake at MSU, Sparty sticking the spear in the ND logo, or Woody going for two against U of M they all pay for their behavior. If Harbaugh thinks they had the score run up on them, he will make his point and look for a time to pay them back.

All that bravado stuff is relatively meaningless. If you need that kind of stuff to get up for an OSU/UM game you're going to lose anyway.

The battle in the trenches and which offense rushes for more yards 99.9% determines the outcome of the game. Not any perception of so and so did this, that or the other

I would say all the slights that you list bothered jbannan a lot more than it did Harbaugh. I'm taking the bet that Harbaugh is too focused on what it takes to win a game and manage a team to worry about some future vengeance because his feelings were hurt.

Now if he wants to run up a score because, well... He just wants to run up the score, I could see that happening. But that has nothing to do with one pass in the fourth quarter that OSU attempted.

I would say all the slights that you list bothered jbannan a lot more than it did Harbaugh. I'm taking the bet that Harbaugh is too focused on what it takes to win a game and manage a team to worry about some future vengeance because his feelings were hurt.

Now if he wants to run up a score because, well... He just wants to run up the score, I could see that happening. But that has nothing to do with one pass in the fourth quarter that OSU attempted.
I agree. I'm no coach, but I never saw OSU running up the score to "stick it to us". They needed style points to attempt to get back in the playoff discussion and a commanding win would get the committee's attention.

I'm pretty sure Harbaugh saw that as well. He would have done the same thing I'm sure.

I was a little surprised when they went for it and threw a pass on that one 4th down in the fourth quarter. But I really don't care. It's our job to stop them if they try that. And honestly, if you're going to lose, get the crap knocked out of you. We had a crappy defensive game plan and the outcome leaves no doubt about that. Next year, don't be passive and keep your safeties high for 90% of the game.

Remember when Woody went for two and stated when asked (not verbatim) "Because I couldn't go for 3". That did not set well with Bo at all, I have a feeling the same "tone" has now been established.

I was a little surprised when they went for it and threw a pass on that one 4th down in the fourth quarter. But I really don't care. It's our job to stop them if they try that. And honestly, if you're going to lose, get the crap knocked out of you. We had a crappy defensive game plan and the outcome leaves no doubt about that. Next year, don't be passive and keep your safeties high for 90% of the game.
The pass was on 1st down on the UM 9 with 4:10 to go in the 4th. OSU ran the ball on 4th and goal from the 3

The pass was on 1st down on the UM 9 with 4:10 to go in the 4th. OSU ran the ball on 4th and goal from the 3

Exactly what happened. Blackledge did question O$U throwing the ball on first down, but in the end all they did was play the game of football, & it was our job to do the same.

I do question having your starters out there at that time (I think it's foolish with the threat of injury plus I believe it's nice to give the backups a shot at scoring) but in todays game that does seem to be the norm so I won't bash that either.

Exactly what happened. Blackledge did question O$U throwing the ball on first down, but in the end all they did was play the game of football, & it was our job to do the same.

I do question having your starters out there at that time (I think it's foolish with the threat of injury plus I believe it's nice to give the backups a shot at scoring) but in todays game that does seem to be the norm so I won't bash that either.

Given the inconsistency that the offense has displayed that was NEVER going to happen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT