ADVERTISEMENT

O-Zone comments

wychowca

Michigan Man
Apr 26, 2005
San Francisco Bay Area
exactly what you'd expect. one maybe almost reasonable response. the others blame the usual: doctored photos, lying, PC, media's fault, etc.

1. Aug 02, 2018 by Joe Smith
    I’ve been searching for any arrest reports on Zach Smith. The only one I could find is the latest incident for which he was fired:

Zach was handed a misdemeanor charge of criminal trespassing for dropping the couple’s son off at Courtney’s house, as opposed to at a pre-arranged location.

Again, not saying he is innocent of all the allegations, but this appears to be the only charge against him.

Yeah – let’s put Urban on leave and have the national press tell everyone he should be fired. Great move, OSU. Whoever made the decision to put him on leave is the one who should be fired.

2. Aug 02, 2018 by Kurt F Mews
    Some in the media have used this as a sermon for the wickedness of OSU with Woody, then JT and now Urban and the gullible sheep of OSU fans. There are many talking heads who pretend to know every little detail of this situation even though the facts are very limited. Watched Brett McMurphy being interviewed, he sounded insecure as if he was trying to justify his actions to himself. Watched Urban at the press conference discussing this issue, there was nothing in his voice or demeanor that indicated any falsehood. However, facts will be facts. To many this sounds just like the PSU fiasco and the media began reporting this as this is just a one time happening of Ms. Smith talking with fellow coaches’ wives, while this is an entirely different story. It is interesting that Urban said that he is eagerly waiting for this to be resolved, as if Urban knows facts that will somehow, someway clear this mess up. Right now at best its very troubling. Just like the rest of OSU fans waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Aug 02, 2018 by Joe
  3. Urban is trying to run a HUGE football program! Why do people assume he intentionally lied? Big assumption. Sad that modern college football does not allow for “humanity”. Life is hard and some people have horrible marriages. The woman should have went to the police. This would have been over.

4. Aug 02, 2018 by Doug Leedy
    The worst thing that can happen is a rush to judgement. Did we learn nothing from the Duke lacrosse case? What can be worse than to judge someone guilty before investigation and then, several years later, have to say oops, we were wrong…nothing wrong here.

Dammit, in this country you are innocent until proven guilty. There is no evidence, right now, that requires any disciplinary action. Why is everyone jumping the gun? PC is why. Get Urby back to coaching, do an investigation and then let the chips fall, not the other way around.

5. Aug 02, 2018 by Joe Smith
    Let’s assume Urban knew about the allegations in 2015. So what? Is he obligated to fire Smith even though he was never convicted of anything? Then Smith and his wife would have sued the university for unjust dismissal.

If the first assumption is true, Urban lied to the press last week. So what? Pretty much anyone of importance lies to the press at times including many of our presidents.

Ohio State made a horribly stupid decision to place him on leave. This wasn’t even a story until OSU made it into a story. I hope from now on, everyone in the Athletic Dept has learned to just reply “no comment” on any question not related to football.

Ohio State should correct their previous bonehead move and get him back on the sidelines real quick.

6. Aug 02, 2018 by Randy
    it’s pretty clear what the writer of this less than objective article thinks.
    Seems the media frenzy is in major “witch hunt” mode. Just my initial observation. Let’s wait for all the facts to come out before we pass judgment.

7. Aug 02, 2018 by Buckeyzfan1
    I’ll just wait this out. I can’t take a person with the following resume too seriously when he’s discussing tOSU:

Brett McMurphy is a college football insider, previously at ESPN, CBSSports.com, AOL FanHouse, The Tampa Tribune and The Odessa American.

8. Aug 02, 2018 by TomL
    Doesn’t look good if Urban knew anything in 2015,if he did know anything then what was he thinking I’m a big fan of Urban I hope he gets through this but it don’t look good

9. Aug 02, 2018 by Jeff
    In this day and age, you can’t assume anyone is telling the truth. You can’t assume a picture is being accurately represented. You can’t assume anything someone claims is true. People lie, misrepresent and distort to gain something or get attention. Only when all the facts come out should you draw conclusions. This has been proven true over and over again. Patience.

Reactions: Kalyan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News