ADVERTISEMENT

Not a great start....

alfadriver

Junior
Feb 8, 2006
Somewhere on the walk to Yost.
And it's not as if they looked *bad*. But the moments of good had a lot of missed opportunities. Pretty tough to see us lose when we are supposed to be good. And tough to see how tired the team looked after Mel told us that they are in the best condition....

No kidding not a good start. Lose at home to a team that likely will be in the bottom 30 of the Pairwise this year. Our inability to actually score (despite all the shots and pressure) illustrates one of my biggest fears about this team, which is that we will really miss Cooper Marody and his ability to create.
BTW we seemed to have 19 skaters dressed last night - is this a new rule?

Yes. This year you can dress one more player than the years before. Last night it was a forward. I imagine they will figure out over the first month or so whether it makes more sense to dress an extra forward or an extra defenseman.

No kidding not a good start. Lose at home to a team that likely will be in the bottom 30 of the Pairwise this year. Our inability to actually score (despite all the shots and pressure) illustrates one of my biggest fears about this team, which is that we will really miss Cooper Marody and his ability to create.
We've historically had issues with scoring early in the season- and they should at least do a better job preventing goals- going down by 2 that fast is a killer.

And I suspect that we are going to have a goalie battle. Again. Not that we looked all that solid against Waterloo with a change.

And it's not as if they looked *bad*. But the moments of good had a lot of missed opportunities. Pretty tough to see us lose when we are supposed to be good. And tough to see how tired the team looked after Mel told us that they are in the best condition....
Bummer start but we outshot them 2-1 and Lavigne was not good. I counted 5 post/cross bars. We’ll be ok moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT