ADVERTISEMENT

New Spin on Harbaugh

CowtownBlue

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Many people have attacked the play calling, etc. and many argue for a coaching change. I am not in favor of getting rid of Harbaugh. I think he tries to do it the right way and has a much improved staff. However, I think coaches are a lot like athletes. Only the very best athletes are great under pressure. The "gamer: guys are few and far between. We know Tom Brady is one of those guys, Roger Federer, Tiger Woods. Michael Jordan to name a few. Some players just thrive under pressure and make the plays that need to be made to win. Many simply wilt. It's a fine line. Isn't this true of coaches as well? Has JH really won the big games and come through in tight contests in his career. Other than the OSU guarantee as a player, I don't recall him being that guy as a player or coach. Yes, he was a very good quarterback and a very good coach, but does it really have the "it" factor? Players get their cues from their coach. They will play tight if their coach is. They paly confident if their coach is. At the end of the day, mistakes cost us in the end. Despite all the crappy calls, we still could have won that game. We just couldn't make the plays. So, I hope I am wrong, but I just don't know if Jim can change who he is. On the contrary, his brother has won at least 3 games this year that they had no business winning. He seems to be able to will his team to win regularly. Just some post hangover thoughts. The loss still sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News