ADVERTISEMENT

My visit with Spath today

Capt28

All-League
Jan 23, 2008
I was able to visit with Michael today for about an hour at the University of Chicago Hospital, which is where his original surgery was performed and where he had come back to for a few days for some follow-up. Michael's original surgery appears to have been 100% successful in achieving its intended purpose, but unfortunately he experienced some unexpected (and painful) side effects that required some follow-up work. [I'm leaving the real clinical details here for Mike to share as he wishes when he gets back into action.] However, it looks like the side effects have been taken care of and he is now back on track to full recovery, perhaps a bit delayed from what was originally expected.

It is obvious that many people have been sending Mike e-mails, tweets, etc. wishing him well and asking him about his condition. Mike really appreciates everyone's concern and support. However, my observation is that he feels compelled to try to respond to all of the messages, and doing so is sort of beyond his capabilities right now -- "visual concentration," whether on printed matter, a TV screen, or a laptop/Ipad/Iphone screen, is stressful for him right now. So (again this is my observation), I think he could do without alot of e-mails and texts for the next several days. Or if you do send him something, make sure you say "No need to respond to this."

Thanks for the update Capt28. Glad to hear the follow up was successful and he's on the right road now.

Just the news we have all been waiting to hear.....so glad he is finally on the road to recovery. Thanks for the update, and the warning to state that "no reply expected or wanted"......
Go Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT