ADVERTISEMENT

My oh my. I've been crunching some recruiting numbers.....

Jim__S

Heisman
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Every year at about this time, as recruiting targets and mutual interest start to crystallize, I crunch some numbers taking into consideration the available pool of blue-chip talent considering Michigan, the percentage of such talent that historically eventually signs with Michigan and the number of available scholarships. A purely mathematical approach that factors out "wishful thinking".

The results this year were mind-boggling, better than ever before. I can't specify who will precisely be in the class and who wont, but it will be one of the historically great Michigan classes. It may even approach what Alabama and Ohio State are doing this year on the recruiting front, but to do so we would have to factor in about a 30 player class and that at least one elite kid who had been slotted for Alabama (eg Najee Harris, Leatherwood or Willis) goes Blue. I'm not ready to go there yet but I am certain that the next few months are going to be about as exciting as we have ever seen it around here when it comes to recruiting.

I'll try to put something together and delve more deeply into the topic on my next podcast on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News