ADVERTISEMENT

MSU is legit...

tarun262

All-League
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2007
Dantonio and MSU are so incredibly impressive. OSU and Bama load up with great players year in and year out but Dantonio has built such a great system that he can put 3-stars into his system and they instantly perform - tough tough coach and so disciplined. Hate MSU but hats off to what he has done - if they somehow can win 10+ games this year, that will be impressive.

Well, I hope ND is pretty bad and you are right but we will know next week when they play Wisci.

Reactions: barmfield
Well, I hope ND is pretty bad and you are right but we will know next week when they play Wisci.

I don't think Wisky is very good either. Very one dimensional and their QB play is a disaster.

Guess by that token we will know in 6 weeks right? If MSU somehow beats Michigan and OSU they are likely headed to the playoffs...easy schedule

Does anyone remember what happened to MSU the last time they were in the playoffs?

They haven't won anything on the big stage...to quote a great man's father, " If you're not first, you're last".

Go Blue! ...who cares about MSU

Reactions: rojo36
Does anyone remember what happened to MSU the last time they were in the playoffs?

They haven't won anything on the big stage...to quote a great man's father, " If you're not first, you're last".

Go Blue! ...who cares about MSU
MSU has won 6 of their last 7 games against ranked teams.

ND was overrated. Look at what CALs offense did to Texas...MSU is a one trick pony. Stop the run and their offense stalls. As soon as ND opened up the offense they moved the ball with ease. Lets see MSU beat a team that plays solid run D & doesn't shoot themselves in the foot w/ 3 turnovers and a penalty that takes a kickoff TD off the board..

Can't question MSU really - they played like crap all season last year until they somehow just put it together against OSU. They almost lost to IU, Rutgers, Michigan, etc but the trait of a Mark Dantonio team is that they somehow know how to win close games. That's their style. I expect the same this year - MSU won't blow teams away but they will keep winning, until they play us which is when I hope we beat them.
Their QB can run so that is the one bit that does scare me - they have some stud RBs and a very mobile QB with a solid D-line.

Dantonio and MSU are so incredibly impressive. OSU and Bama load up with great players year in and year out but Dantonio has built such a great system that he can put 3-stars into his system and they instantly perform - tough tough coach and so disciplined. Hate MSU but hats off to what he has done - if they somehow can win 10+ games this year, that will be impressive.

Corley ain't a 3 star. Michigan wanted him but he went to MSU instead. Same with Malik McDowell.

This post is hilarious. MSU has never won on the big stage ..... you mean like the Rose Bowl or Cotton Bowl? You mean they lost to Alabama in the playoff so that is what you hold on to as your evidence that they aren't good. They are very good. 40-5 in their last 45 games including wins over Baylor, Stanford, 2 against OSU when they undefeated and ranked #1 and 3 over UM. Keep trying to create your own reality in the hopes that it will somehow help you beat them.

Reactions: VictorVal
It's a little of msu being pretty good and ND being flat out bad.
Yes. I think ND is clearly not that good. I was unimpressed with them at Texas. I don't think Cal is necessary better than Texas but Texas looks average and I have watched them both games. ND looked average in both games. Both teams were nothing to write home about.

I do think UM is better than MSU but the Spartans know how to win and have a tough style to beat. They just want to play smash mouth football and out coach and out play their opponents. UM has more talent but do they actually execute better across both lines? I don't know. UM tends to make errors whereas MSU is just so well schooled.

You can never sell MSU short under Dantonio. They remind me of a guy who never makes the unforced error (tennis) and will make you beat them. It's Tressel ball.

RM

Reactions: greenpeach
This post is hilarious. MSU has never won on the big stage ..... you mean like the Rose Bowl or Cotton Bowl? You mean they lost to Alabama in the playoff so that is what you hold on to as your evidence that they aren't good. They are very good. 40-5 in their last 45 games including wins over Baylor, Stanford, 2 against OSU when they undefeated and ranked #1 and 3 over UM. Keep trying to create your own reality in the hopes that it will somehow help you beat them.

I don't think most people on the board will challenge the notion that MSU is a great team and has been for the past 4-5 years. Feel free to nitpick one person's comment but hey whatever motivates you. MSU has had a lot of success but unfortunately MSU is not built to compete for a national championship level in my opinion. It's not because of coaching, etc - I would argue that what Dantonio has done is more impressive then what Bama has done - it's just that the talent gap will be hard to overcome. Last year was a classic example - I think MSU would have lost to Oklahoma or Clemson had they played them instead of Bama. MSU is tough and knows how to slug through a tough BIG slate week in and week out, but I think even this year let's suppose they make it to the playoffs by beating Wisci, UM, OSU and Nebraska/Iowa/Wisci I don't think they have the horses to compete with the likes of a Bama or Clemson if those teams are fully rested after a month off and healthy.

I know folks here think star ratings are a joke, but look at the past 10 NT winners and look at their recruiting ranking ratings and you will see, getting top flight HS talent really does matter. I think MSU has a legit chance of winning the BIG East again this year - all their tough games are at home. If they beat Wisci this weekend they should keep rolling until they play UM and Dantonio will be prepared. OSU is @MSU as well and for some those games always go down to the wire. Only thing that will hurt MSU in my opinion is that their week off was in Week 2 - which means they will have to play through injuries, etc. As of right now, I would say OSU is in a league of it's own - especially from a talent perspective. I think UM and MSU are at par this year - I think UM probably has more NFL talent on the team then MSU does for sure but that does not mean that as a team they will play better so I think that game will be a toss up. Turnovers and the ability of Michigan to sniff out those Dantonio trick plays will determine the outcome, I think.

It's just college football, man. Stop gripping the wheel so tight.

Reactions: tjsblue
Wi
It's just college football, man. Stop gripping the wheel so tight.

Wisconsin is proving right now! That I am not as crazy as you might think. MSU isn't legit right now

Hey little brother, how are your precious sparties doing today? You must be a proud little brother. Hope the fighting little brothers hang in there

So lets recap for the non believers...

ND was overrated.
ND is 1-3 after losing at home to Duke...in football... nuff said..

Look at what CALs offense did to Texas...
I knew when Cal put up 50 on Texas and MSU put up 36 on ND with that putrid offense that the Texas/ND game was a byproduct of horrible defenses.

MSU is a one trick pony. Stop the run and their offense stalls. As soon as ND opened up the offense they moved the ball with ease. Lets see MSU beat a team that plays solid run D & doesn't shoot themselves in the foot w/ 3 turnovers and a penalty that takes a kickoff TD off the board..

MSU vs Wisky.. 27 rushing attempts / 75 yards - Result: humiliating 30-6 home loss.. Yes MSU had 4 turnovers but 3 of them came from their QB who's not going to beat you without solid support from that running game.
O'Connor 18/38 - 224 yds, 0 TDs, 3 INTs..... yikes...

Not gonna say I told ya.. .but well...

Cute little run but it's over now... thanks, please drive thru...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: GoBlue_since1985

Hey how's it going? Did msu beat mighty Indiana tonight in a huge "bounce-back" game for them? Is little brother here to stay?

I hate to say I told you so ...but I told you so. Little Brother doesn't want to see Michigan this year...

We may very well end up with a better record but quite frankly given what they have done to us regardless of our rankings, etc I am not going to trash talk about Sparty until we beat them. Remember last year - they barely won games and yet they figured out a way to get to the playoffs. We have to earn the right to trash talk against Sparty, have not done so yet.

Also in a rivalry game, you can chuck out records...their players are going to be far more excited and psyched to play us then they were against Wisconsin or Indiana.

If we want to be an elite program we better start acting like it.. .and that starts with taking Sparty out behind the woodshed this year... No excuses..

I do think this year will start the run of some pretty good beatings against them. Even though Michigan loses a lot to graduation this year, many players are getting experience this year and are far more talented than what sparty has on their roster. The poor recruiting of sparty is catching up to it, and with Michigan having superior talent (and coaching to compliment it), they should win going away next year as well against little brother.

Remember last year - they barely won games and yet they figured out a way to get to the playoffs.

Well in retrospect, that was all smoke and mirrors, wasn't it? It took a literal miracle to beat Michigan, otherwise they wouldn't have made the playoffs. And when they got there, it was obvious the committee made the wrong decision to include MSU. Lots of other teams would have done better against Alabama.

We may very well end up with a better record but quite frankly given what they have done to us regardless of our rankings, etc I am not going to trash talk about Sparty until we beat them. Remember last year - they barely won games and yet they figured out a way to get to the playoffs. We have to earn the right to trash talk against Sparty, have not done so yet.

Also in a rivalry game, you can chuck out records...their players are going to be far more excited and psyched to play us then they were against Wisconsin or Indiana.

What does last year have to do with this year? Last years team would have beat Indiana easily. This years team found a way to lose.

What does last year have to do with this year? Last years team would have beat Indiana easily. This years team found a way to lose.
Like I said, I will celebrate once we beat Sparty - until then, they have had the better of us over the past 8 years.

Hey how's it going? Did msu beat mighty Indiana tonight in a huge "bounce-back" game for them? Is little brother here to stay?
I am leery to talk smack about MSU until 'we' get a W. MSU has earned to be treated like the top dawg until beaten. MSU is going to come with everything that have in E.L.

RM

I am leery to talk smack about MSU until 'we' get a W. MSU has earned to be treated like the top dawg until beaten. MSU is going to come with everything that have in E.L.

RM
Dantoni didn't take advantage of the 3 year run. now they fade away. :( sorry lil brother.

RM

Don't worry, fan smack won't affect the game in any way at all.

Enjoy making fun of MSU after each of their losses. Trust me, it's fun!

Reactions: anon_sg4bgyiuileo1
Like I said, I will celebrate once we beat Sparty - until then, they have had the better of us over the past 8 years.

Guess what, even if Michigan wins the natty this year, you will still have MSU fans saying they won the last x of y years. Who cares? Live in the here and now and enjoy it.

Guess what, even if Michigan wins the natty this year, you will still have MSU fans saying they won the last x of y years. Who cares? Live in the here and now and enjoy it.

Well, that's just how they will always be - we were the same way to be honest when they beat us handily the past few years throwing the overall record. That's the nature of the rivalry - no fan wants to be on the losing end of that. I hope our Seniors that this as slap in their face and not become the first class to go winless against MSU...would be great for all our seniors to really really step and as @detroitjohn said get Dantonio's head to spin - or something of that nature :)

Reactions: llhcatsports

Do you really think Michigan can't beat them now?

LOL - Sparty sucks... I can't wait to take these fools to pound town...

BTW is Dantonio still selling results or nah?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT