ADVERTISEMENT

Milton to the portal

Macdaddy7657

Heisman
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2011
This is not meant to be an "I told you so"...I want to make that clear.

Its no secret I've been hard on the Milton hype train for 3 years and I have posted on many occasions on why I felt that way. I made no secret that I am a McCaffrey fan but my reasoning about Milton outweighed my Fandom of Dylan.

I will post my reasons again. I watch his HS film and his highlights looked great but I never saw a touch pass, couple that with no swing passes/ dump offs and it brought on some hmmm type doubt in my head. Check downs are HUGE part of college and pro football today. The inability to look off receivers...read a D and hit check downs is what worried me.. Add in a 48% completion rate and a 24-20 record with his teams best year 7-4 and I compared that to DMs 3 state titles one 2nd a tougher schedule and a 70% completion % and it wasn't close. Even Cade had state titles plus a 70% completion rate at Bishop Gorman.

Then when DM got in games he was ALL heart vs Milton who looked completely lost! Milton weigh 245 and went down waaay to easy.

People got after me about my criticism of Milton but it was more about the hype train the media put him on. If I saw it why didn't anyone else? People were enamored with that 100mph fastball he could throw but I saw a guy who struggled in every aspect of being a QB but arm strength.

Now DM and Milton are gone. To me both are quitters. Think about Brady if he would have left. There was a time when a QB only needed to start 1 year at Michigan and they were drafted. Hell Scott Driesbach got drafted and he didn't play his senior year.

My hope is Cade and JJ slug it out until opening game and into the season. It would be nice to see 2 team guys in a true QB competition and the backup not transfer because he didn't get to start. Damn I hate the portal!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News