ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan vs. Ohio State

ecrosswhite

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2016
No, it's not too early to start this thread... so let the analysis and Trolling begin...

Not trying to troll...there will be plenty of time for that after the middle of November. Have to agree with aoi_toku, there are lots of challenges ahead between now and The Game, for both teams.

Having said that, I think you guys will have a tough time beating tOSU this year. I agree that UM has shown steady improvement under Harbaugh, but I think you're still not quite up to our level talent-wise, especially considering the game is in Columbus this year. Although young, this Buckeye team has been playing lights-out so far this year, and I'm impressed with them on both sides of the ball. They will be more than ready to compete.

When Harbaugh was hired, I said at the time that 2017 was the first realistic shot that he would have to beat tOSU. It's in the Big House, and he'll have time to continue building depth and talent. I still think that's an accurate prediction.

To early, we dont even know how good tOSU is. I know they are fast, but you have to forgive me for pumping the brakes cause they beat Oklahoma.(So did Houston) Im not really sold on any of the top ten besides Louisville.

I think we have more data than anyone had when they built the preseason top 25 rankings. I dont think you can evaluate a team based on who they beat or didn't beat since universal sports law states "anyone can be beat on any given Saturday by anyone" and it has been proven at all level over sports history.
I have watched the games, the execution, the complexity of what teams are running, evaluated the basics and although I am slightly over my skis on a regular basis, and an alumni sworn to loyalty buy financial obligation and honor...I think Michigan is way more prepared right now this very second to beat Ohio State, then they are to beat us.. if we played tomorrow (anywhere) we would simply be a deeper, more athletic and more complex team than they are ..and we want it more. I don't think any other team has wanted to beat Ohio State and Michigan State more than this team does, right now..this year . The Ohio team just doesn't stack up when you watch them...their defense scoring, but hey are not forced they are errors on the other team, the offense isn't driving their high output on points as much as it looks. Also, receivers wide open because cover guys are out of place on basic routes..again, other team...not blazing speed you are use to seeing out of Ohio State or perfect route running. They are not bullying people...Mike Weber their running back isn't carrying the ball 25+ times a game because they dominate the line like in previous years, he isn't leading in TDs like Elliot nor yards in the nation like Elliot. The QB 's efficiency numbers are not smashing our QB, in fact, our QB looks better on paper.
Ok, I'm all the way out there..but Michigan 38 Ohio State 28 in the Shoe, I called it first...I will either be a legend or the idiot that believed in Michigan.
I challenge you all to use your eyes, not stats, not records, just watch the games and tell me what you see...I might be crazy, I might not
...and it doesn't matter that I am in an airport drunk right now ..cheers! GO BLUE!

Reactions: GoBlue_since1985
Not trying to troll...there will be plenty of time for that after the middle of November. Have to agree with aoi_toku, there are lots of challenges ahead between now and The Game, for both teams.

Having said that, I think you guys will have a tough time beating tOSU this year. I agree that UM has shown steady improvement under Harbaugh, but I think you're still not quite up to our level talent-wise, especially considering the game is in Columbus this year. Although young, this Buckeye team has been playing lights-out so far this year, and I'm impressed with them on both sides of the ball. They will be more than ready to compete.

When Harbaugh was hired, I said at the time that 2017 was the first realistic shot that he would have to beat tOSU. It's in the Big House, and he'll have time to continue building depth and talent. I still think that's an accurate prediction.
I agree that OSU has looked amazing so far, my only question is how tough Oklahoma actually is. There will be plenty of chances vs Wisky and MSU to measure that as there will be for UM. My main hope for beating OSU is anticipating an experienced defense getting better throughout the year. If that doesn't happen I give UM little chance.

I am focused on Wisconsin. The Bucks come in November. They are just as good as they have been because Meyer is right on par with Saban and he is a recruiting machine. Meyer took over from Tressel who had already elevated OSU to a national program program instead of focusing on the damn Rose Bowl and Big Ten Championship every year. While OSU was building a great program, Michigan was stuck in the past under Carr (who should have retired years before 2008) Meanwhile, Tressel won a NC, recruited like hell and cheated like hell which led to Meyer coming to town. During this time, UM was under poor leadership, dirty politics, meddling former coaches, and a taste for nostalgia (Hoke) Bottom line-we have some catching up to do and Harbaugh is trying to do it quickly.

Sooo...this offense that was lucky to score 14 points today...you guys think that offense is going to come into the Shoe and beat the Buckeyes?

Sooo...this offense that was lucky to score 14 points today...you guys think that offense is going to come into the Shoe and beat the Buckeyes?

I would not crown yourself king just yet. Ohio State has not played anyone yet that plays defense anywhere close to Wisconsin or Michigan. The big win was Oklahoma and they suck this year

Oklahoma just gave up 46 points to TCU. Ohio State's first true test comes in 2 weeks - if they can demolish Wisconsin at home it will be impressive. I expect the Bucks to win but perhaps a 10-14 point win.

Funny, whenever Ohio St demolishes a Top 15 team on the road, the peanut gallery shouts "Well, they suck, you guys haven't been tested yet." Yeah, ok.

Funny, whenever Ohio St demolishes a Top 15 team on the road, the peanut gallery shouts "Well, they suck, you guys haven't been tested yet." Yeah, ok.
Listen, I know your an tOSU fan but come on. Were you guys really not expecting to smash Oklahoma? Houston had their way with them. Real talk, nobody knows who is good this year. We will see you guys in november !!!!

Listen, I know your an tOSU fan but come on. Were you guys really not expecting to smash Oklahoma? Houston had their way with them. Real talk, nobody knows who is good this year. We will see you guys in november !!!!

Beat them? Yes. Smash them? No, not really. Oklahoma isn't a bad team. Their DL is pretty stout - and huge. I thought their run game would give us more trouble, and Mixon was really good. You just never know what'll happen going on the road, and they were playing for their playoff lives.

Oklahoma sucks this year period!!!!! They are over rated year after year. Winning at Oklahoma does not mean jack shit. The Bucks are way ahead of Michigan right now in terms of athleticism and should beat the Wolverines again this year but Michigan would beat the shit out of Oklahoma as well this year. The Bucks first big test will be at Wisconsin because they play defense.

Last edited:
I think that it's obvious that Colorado would have beaten Oklahoma by seven or eight touchdowns.

Wisconsin is a potential National Championship contender with their victories over LSU and MSU. The only way you can't consider Wisconsin as a potential Final Four team in talent is if something crazy happened like LSU fired Miles after 4 games for poor performance or MSU lost to a team like Indiana. Oh wait...

Come on ecross', OSU fails to meet your eye test?! Both teams are playing well and deserve their respective ranking. If both continue the level of play they have exhibited it should be a good game at season's end. If you want to tell me that you think Michigan will pull out the win, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. When you start saying fails to compare in sped and athleticism, and desire- the first is ludicrous and the second has no basis for support.

We'll see how the season goes. On any given day any team can play well or beat another team so let's see how the season plays out.

Each week in different Bucks fan but how in the hell can you justify Oklahoma being a great team this year? I never mentioned Colorado beating Oklahoma either?? That's all your input and yes MSU lost to Indiana but that's football. How many close games did your star studded Bucks team almost lose last season??? a bunch of their games were close and the loss at home against the Spartans. Finally. I never mentioned Michigan beating the Bucks this year. In fact, I have stated they won't because OSU has more athleticism and speed right now. Don't write ridiculous things because your signature win right now is at Oklahoma and you know they are not that good. When you go to Madison and hang 55 points on the Badgers then you can boast

I think that it's obvious that Colorado would have beaten Oklahoma by seven or eight touchdowns.

Wisconsin is a potential National Championship contender with their victories over LSU and MSU. The only way you can't consider Wisconsin as a potential Final Four team in talent is if something crazy happened like LSU fired Miles after 4 games for poor performance or MSU lost to a team like Indiana. Oh wait...

Come on ecross', OSU fails to meet your eye test?! Both teams are playing well and deserve their respective ranking. If both continue the level of play they have exhibited it should be a good game at season's end. If you want to tell me that you think Michigan will pull out the win, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. When you start saying fails to compare in sped and athleticism, and desire- the first is ludicrous and the second has no basis for support.

We'll see how the season goes. On any given day any team can play well or beat another team so let's see how the season plays out.

I guess we will see. We will all know more after Ohio State plays Wisconsin... and it will most definitely be settled in November. If you think until then, people will not be optimistic about an undefeated team, you're the one being rediculous, and if you think people will not continue to "question" all of the undefeated teams until they win it all or loss....then you haven't watched enough college football..cause that's what we do

I guess we will see. We will all know more after Ohio State plays Wisconsin... and it will most definitely be settled in November. If you think until then, people will not be optimistic about an undefeated team, you're the one being rediculous, and if you think people will not continue to "question" all of the undefeated teams until they win it all or loss....then you haven't watched enough college football..cause that's what we do

Going to hurt losing Left Tackle for remainder of season. Knee.

Grant Newsome. Knee vs Wisky

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh said Grant Newsome's injury didn't "look good" after Saturday's win over Wisconsin.

On Monday, he confirmed Newsome would be sidelined for the season with a knee injury.

"He had a serious knee injury and he'll be out for the year," Harbaugh told the media at a press conference. "It'll be a tough couple of weeks for him. It’s a reminder just how tough the game of football is and how serious injuries can be in the game of football. What I do know is this, as far as human being character, football character, nobody’s ever come through here with more of it than Grant Newsome."

The sophomore was replaced by Juwann Bushell-Beatty on Saturday, who will likely fill the role again when the Wolverines travel to Rutgers this week.

No Buckeye said Oklahoma was a powerhouse team, but it's ridiculous to say that they aren't a quality team and that seems to be what several of you are implying. Ecross' as I said, I'm not arguing that Michigan is not a quality team and have said so. I certainly don't have a problem with your excitement of the Wolverines. But your assessment of the Buckeyes is worth questioning. I'll. Accept they still are building up their experience in which if they played today , OSU might be at a disadvantage. But your contention that their receivers aren't as athletic, the offense's isn't scoring as much as it looks, the defense isn't forcing errors, and Wener doesn't have the same yards and TD's as Elliott, is quite a bit off.

Why does it matter??? I'll tell you what (so we can get OSU fans to keep quiet). You are the best team in the nation!!! Period. I wish you are ranked #1 at the end of the season and Michigan is undefeated because at the end of the day if that happens, it does not matter who we played or other competition, all will be irrelevant.

I personally could care less if Michigan is #4 or #23 right now - as long as we are undefeated, the polls will take care of themselves. Oh, on another note OSU fans should see this:

Overall record of opponents that the Top 10 teams have played:
Bama 11-14
Ohio St 8-10
Clemson 15-9
Michigan 16-9
Wash 11-13
Houston 10-12
aTm 15-10
Louisv 12-12
Tennessee 16-8

So if you OSU fans really want to argue that it's all about the eye-ball test - have at it! If you want to talk about the level of competition played so far, let's have that conversation - Michigan is the toughest and OSU is the weakest.

Like I said, it's all irrelevant at this point in the season - all boils down to the last team standing at the end of the BIG championship. Given how tough the BIG is, a 1-loss BIG championship will likely end up in the playoffs.

Why does it matter??? I'll tell you what (so we can get OSU fans to keep quiet). You are the best team in the nation!!! Period. I wish you are ranked #1 at the end of the season and Michigan is undefeated because at the end of the day if that happens, it does not matter who we played or other competition, all will be irrelevant.

I personally could care less if Michigan is #4 or #23 right now - as long as we are undefeated, the polls will take care of themselves. Oh, on another note OSU fans should see this:

Overall record of opponents that the Top 10 teams have played:
Bama 11-14
Ohio St 8-10
Clemson 15-9
Michigan 16-9
Wash 11-13
Houston 10-12
aTm 15-10
Louisv 12-12
Tennessee 16-8

So if you OSU fans really want to argue that it's all about the eye-ball test - have at it! If you want to talk about the level of competition played so far, let's have that conversation - Michigan is the toughest and OSU is the weakest.

Like I said, it's all irrelevant at this point in the season - all boils down to the last team standing at the end of the BIG championship. Given how tough the BIG is, a 1-loss BIG championship will likely end up in the playoffs.

Lol, calm down tarun. An OSU fan didn't start this thread, an OSU fan didn't start the critiquing of or bragging about schedules, and it wasn't an OSU fan that started talking about eyeball tests. If anything, most of us Buckeye fans in this thread have been complimentary of the Michigan program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT